Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decimal points in Captivate 5

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2010 Dec 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying to affect the output of cpInfoPercentage to appear on a certificate without anything after the decimal point (e.g. 67 instead of 67.66666666).  I have also tried to limit the amount of charaters in the caption box (but I can't even specify that anywhere!) to help.  Is there a solution out there?

Regards

AcademicMonkey

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, compounded by the fact that I have an odd number of questions (13), and different questions have different weight (from 5 to 15 points, totalling 145 points), which makes any result lower than 100% a very long number with many decimals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a problem I'm also encountering with cpInfoPercentage - even after editing the variable's maximum number of characters from 15 to 3 ie to represent 0 - 100% scoring ranges I'm still getting a pass perecentage with a ridiculous amount of digits ie 26.14568978235%

Any suggestions would be welcome

Mike

PS I even tried adding a text box with % in it and a blank rectangle to mask the extra digits but this didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution:

1. Create a custom variable.

2. on the sldie where you want to use the precentage, execute the following javascript on entry:

document.myCaptivate.cpEISetValue('MyPercentage', Math.round((document.myCaptivate.cpEIGetValue('cpInfoPercentage'))));

myCaptivate (both instances) is the id of your swf object on your HTML page. Try "Captivate" if using the default html page.

MyPercentage is the custom variable you created and is what you now access to get the percentage score.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Andrew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2011 Nov 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know Captivate 4, but in 5 one of the slide properties is "On Entry". One of the availiable options is Execute Javascript. Select that, then click "script window" and put your Javascript in there.

note: You have to publish the project and view it in a browser for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the quick reply. The Note you gave was really useful and I didnt know it b4. Finally I found the place where i have to write the javascript.

So my variable is "varPer". but it dont assign the "cpInfoPercentage" value for the "varPer". its not showing any value. my jave script is -

document.myCaptivate.cpEISetValue('varPer', Math.round((document.myCaptivate.cpEIGetValue('cpInfoPercentage'))));

some screen shots hear for you to understand my problem.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Thanks

Hasith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me.

Try running it in Google Chrome and open the console to see what Javascript errors you get.

Make sure you have followed this line of my instructions:

myCaptivate (both instances) is the id of your swf object on your HTML page. Try "Captivate" if using the default html page.

and this one:

note: You have to publish the project and view it in a browser for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

"myCaptivate (both instances) is the id of your swf object on your HTML page. Try "Captivate" if using the default html page."

I used here "Captivate"  for myCaptivate. its still not giving the answer.

I think the problem is in"id of swf object".

1.JPG

how to find the id of swf object on HTML page.?

Thanks,

Hasith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste the full html code of your page here and I'll tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<!-- Copyright [2008] Adobe Systems Incorporated.  All rights reserved -->

<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<title>Quiz 1T</title>

<script src="standard.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

</head>

<body   bgcolor="#F1F4F5">

<center>

<div id="CaptivateContent">&nbsp;

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
        var so = new SWFObject("capD4F6.swf", "Captivate", "960", "751", "8", "#CCCCCC");
          so.addParam("quality", "high");
          so.addParam("name", "Captivate");
          so.addParam("id", "Captivate");
          so.addParam("wmode", "window");
          so.addParam("bgcolor","#F1F4F5");
          so.addParam("menu", "false");
          so.addVariable("variable1", "value1");
          so.setAttribute("redirectUrl", "http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash");
          so.write("CaptivateContent");
     </script>

<script type="text/javascript">
          document.getElementById('Captivate').focus();
          document.Captivate.focus();
     </script>
</center>
</body>
</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see what is wrong. Sorry.

From the above, I would say that the swf id is "Captivate".

I suggest re-reading this thread carefully, checking your code carefully and seeing what javascript errors are generated in the Google Chrome console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to learn this wonderful stuff...but I cannot get to the screen you show above to write the script...The only option I have is the Advanced Actions tab under Project. Help!

capadact.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screen was for Captivate 4. In Captivate 5 the UI for advanced actions has changed. For the first two statements you have to use the statement Assign. For the 3 last ones with the calculations you'll need Expression.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have found a fix, I will pay you to remote in to my computer and just do it for me!  I'm that desperate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want me to translate that advanced action? And the way to create an advanced action: perhaps this video tutorial I created a while ago (it is for an advanced action in CP5.0) could help you see the work flow:

Create customized feedback with advanced actions

I do not know where you live. It is possible to meet in my Connect meeting room online if you cannot figure it out after the video tutorial. You'll have to send me a private message with your e-mail address to invite you.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will certainly check it out. It is frustrating to have gaps which I don’t know how to fill. So, thanks for the help!

Dabareh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesn’t seem to work. I did a search, but couldn’t find it, either.

Dabareh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about the link, should have checked.

Trying again: Create customized feedback with advanced actions

And here is a list with all the articles I published about advanced actions:

https://acrobat.com/#d=tGgSjfVqRtEgI6fORG-zbw

On my blog you'll find more tutorials and examples:

http;//lilybiri.posterous.com

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

In the mean time I found another way to do this. But plz send me the  "id of swf object on HTML page", I can learn from it.

what I did is wrote a saparete function to calculate the percentage and use different variables to track the exact decimal places I need.

hear is the code,

answer.JPG

Its worked exactly for one decimal place. (eg :-66.6)

Thank You very much for your help and time.

Hasith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources