Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE - multiple page numbers on each screen

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe ADE forum discussions -

Helping an author set up his eBook with the published files already used to print hardcopy. We sent his PDF files to a publishing services company, who sent us back the EPUB file. When we view that file in ADE, there are multiple page numbers in the right margin of each screen. We asked the publishing services company about this, they told us ADE adds page numbers and that they cannot help us. It seems wrong that each screenful of text that would be part of one page in the printed book will now have 3 or 4 page numbers in the right margin.

All help appreciated,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding small numbers that appear in the right margin of each screen - I have just seen this on an epub created by Adobe InDesign CS5.  When the small numbers overlap the epub text, the (important) epub text is grayed out behind the small (useless) number.  ADE is 1.7.2.1131. I don't see it on any other viewer and when the epub was successfully converted (after lots of code editing) to Kindle mobi (via Calibre), it doesn't appear.  How does one turn off this "feature"?

I regard this as a serious bug in ADE, rendering ADE useless.

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines