• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing toolbar height to remove space above buttons?

Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 8

I had a look at Rick Stones' skinny on skins and think I followed the instructions but could not reduce the height of the toolbar, which currently is about twice the height of the buttons and so is really just wasted space.

Has anyone done this successfully for RH 8 webhelp?

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are two things you can try:

• Open the project start file of the output in a text editor and scroll to the bottom. You can amend the height of the toolbar in the variable. It looks something like var strHTML = "<frameset rows=\"43,*\". Amend the first value to suit your needs.
  • Open the .skn file in notepad and set the frameset rows there to the correct height. I'm not sure which setting you need to modify in that file, so you'll have to try a bit and see what happens.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for that - it gets us one step forward...

The first idea works: in the webhelp folder, I find in the start file (and also in the identical file whskin_homepage.htm):

var strHTML = "<frameset rows=\""77\"

and when I change the number of rows yes I can change the height of the toolbar.

All good but we can't patch our output files every time - because we do nightly builds.

In the skin file, what seems to be the appropriate frameset definition has rows=(1,*), and none of the frameset rows has a sensible number : they are all 1 or *. Clearly the height must be calculated and written by something.

I would guess something under Program Files\....RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\  produces the number for the height of the toolbar, but I can't see where or what it uses used as a basis for calculation...The code is just to hard to follow (for me).

Any hints?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp