• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to install Adobe flash 11

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried to install Adobe flash 11 but it is not installing.  I get the 'run' screen- click on it and nothing happens.  I had upload it before and it install correctly but all the videos and you tube videos did not download and kept freezing and disappearing.  I read though and lot of forum answers and one advised uninstalling and reinstalling.  Now I have this problem.  Please help, will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

I'm sorry you ran into this error.  Could you try downloading and installing Flash Player from this FAQ post?

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 11 for Windows or Macintosh?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having problems with install - after downloading the exe file, I get the following message - which doesn't help much in finding the problem.  Running Win XP and same issue for both Firefox and IE v 8

AdobeInstall.jpg

Any help appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you ran into this error.  Could you try downloading and installing Flash Player from this FAQ post?

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 11 for Windows or Macintosh?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I have am having the same problem downloading Adobe flash 11 on my Windows Vista Home 32bt I have tried for 5 days all the things you have sugested but nothing has happend. I have tried downloading on several browers, I use Internet express 9 and all it come up when is as follows:

"Downloading " then after 12% is stated error

Please help as I have followed all the steps that have been sugested and the site that you advise will not load it says "not know"

Help please

Thanks

Dajazar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dajazar,

Are you getting this error when using the installers I linked to above?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

The site will not load so can not get into it so can not try

I will try what squareman18 did and will come back if that is works

Thanks

Dajazar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

Just tried to download as Squareman18 sugested and still saying "timeout 12%"

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you downloading the installer from this link http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 ?

What is your operating system & version & edition?  What browser do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - as noted previously, I finally got mine to download and install - but - didn't download with IE v 8 - or with Firefox v 8 I can't remember what the thread was that finally worked - but it was for "unnamed" 32 bit browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I did try and use the link.  I have Windows XP on laptop and on on desk top I have Windows Vista Home Premimum and both will not load the update. 

So have tried every 32 bit browsers "unamed" and it still will not load.

Will just leave it for now and thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Regards

Dajazar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand "will not load the update"; what happens when you run the installer?

Can you post the content of the FlashInstall.log file in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry what I meant was that it will not load the unistaller either and I am waiting on someone doing a full system check on the computer it must be some bug in my computer that I can not find.

I am really sorry that you have all tried your best to help with this problem. 

I will update once the whole system has been debuged and see if this will help.

Thanks to all that have help me (again im not that up on computers )

Dajazar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problems described in the above multiple posts.  The flash player would not install, or would time out at 12% every single time - either through direct link, or indirect.  I even tried disabling the firewall, uninstalling anti-virus program.  I even reinstalled the computer to new factory settings, but the problem would not go away.

Finally, by sheer luck, I tried installing the flash player normally from my home broadband connection, instead of my office broadband connection.  And it installed the flash player in one go, and is working perfectly now.  There must have been some problem with my office network, or wifi-modem.  I suggest try installing your flash player from a different network connection, than the one you have been trying.

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris -

after work tonite, I visited Adobe's Download site, and bypassed the downloads that were identified for Internet Explorer and one for Mozilla Firefox. Kept scrolling down the page until I came to "Download for other 32 bit browsers". On a whim, I opened and saved to PC - closed out Norton Anti-virus and Firewall and clicked on the download.

Wow - the downloaded, saved "exe". file opened and the download update to 11.01 (as I recall) ran itself. I closed out, remembered to reset my security access for the PC and then visited the web site that indicated I needed the new Flash update. Videos that didn't play before works.

I just found your reply so wanted to reply back so others might find this method might work for them. Not sure what was causing the other downloads to halt and post "Initializing Failed".

Thanks for your suggestion - just didn't need it.

Best Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines