• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSVCRT10.dll missing

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed:  Photoshop Elements 10 into a Windows 7 OS.

Problem: When opening the program a warning appears stating: PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe - System Error. "The program can't start because MSVCRT10.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled  Elements 10 and I still get the same error message. How do I fix this??

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

-- Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file is a system file and notoriously hard to install yourself.  You need to use the System File Check utility (SFC) to do it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Run sfc with the /scannow option.  It'll take a while, so be patient.  When it finishes, even if it reports there was nothing to fix, it really did so reboot.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect the problem is caused by a third party plug in. When you start PSE it searches for all the plug-ins* and can't find the 32 bit system file msvcrt10.dll that the specific plug in needs. Sometimes reinstalling a particular third party plug-in can solve the problem.  If you click the "OK" on the error message many times it should eventually go away and you can start using PSE.

There are some further troubleshooting steps you can try in the link below "under step 1".

The Plugin Site - Adobe Photoshop plugins and plug-ins, filters and effects for Paint Shop Pro, Core...

If you are using 32 bit Win 7 you can download msvcrt10.dll and place it in C\Windows\System 32.

If you are using 64 bit Win 7 you can download msvcrt10.dll and place it in C\Windows\SysWow64.

Kind regards

Chris

* In the default plug in folder and the extra one you have specified under Edit\Preferences\Plug-Ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines