Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Merged TOC in Child Project

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9 | WebHelp

I'm producing merged WebHelp (using Peter Grainge's merged WebHelp instructions) and would like to be able to show the full table of contents if child projects are opened directly, i.e. other than through the parent project. There is an option in the WebHelp Settings pane, under Navigation, called Show Merged TOC in Child Project but I cannot get it to work. I've tried setting it in the parent and child projects, but it makes no difference.

Has anyone used this setting successfully?

Thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the lack of a reply is the answer. I haven't got it to work.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I'd come to the same conclusion .

However, after a little investigation it looks like this option only applies when child topics are opened, not child projects. For example, if you open a child topic directly, you get a Show link at the top, and clicking this displays the topic with the full merged TOC. But, if you open a child project (i.e. the start page) only the child TOC is didplayed. I was expecting this option to show me the full merged TOC here too.

Anyway, I've submitted an enhancement via the Wish List form, so fingers-crossed...

Thanks

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp