Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract page from PDF in Reader and create new PDF with Acrobat 9

Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a two-page PDF in Reader.  I need to create a new PDF from only one of the pages.  I have Acrobat 9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF YOU HAVE Acrobat creator you can make just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

If you have Adobe Acrobat 9, you could open the file and choose Document > Extract Pages to create a smaller PDF file by grabbing only the page you want, then resaving.  That said, if the document has been secured, you may not be able to do this.

Kind regards,

David

Acrobat Community Manager

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem with a twist. Extract pages works well for me, but my pages are not numbered sequentially. I need the extracted pages to be named witht the unsequential page number rather than a sequential one. Is there a solution to this problem? Example: Test.pdf has two pages, but the page numbers are 6 and 9. The extract will produce Test 1.pdf adn Test 2.pdf, but I want it to produce Test 6.pdf andTest 9. pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2011 Dec 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use a script that uses the page labels for the file names of

the extracted pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there such a script or do I need to figure out how to write one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will have to extract indiviual or sequenial pages into individual files and then combine them into one new file. There is perse no one script and you can either write all of it or use existingctions and add the necessary code.

It is even possible to group the pages you want to extract in sequence and then extract that sequence of pages as one file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines