Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Corrupt content from reliable source" during download

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

When attempting to download and install Flash 10.3, I'm greeted with the error message "Corrupt content from reliable source" during the initial download.  The installer never gets to the "installing" phase, as it appears to hang while downloading the actual install file.  I've tried clearing all content (history, cookies, temporary internet files, etc) with no luck.

This is on Internet Explorer 9 running Windows 7 SP1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem today. i cant watch or download anything to do with adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing for me it must be universal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my tech support just set my computer back to internet explorer 8 and flash player is now working fine, said it is much better ... had 9 upgraded on here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Iyogi as tech support -- highly recommend..... solve many of my issues, tried to install the flash player, gave up - called them - and it's done, over, and complete ... go back to 8 i was told.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. I was using my old Flash and it crashed so I decided it would be a good time to upgrade to Firefox 5 too. Then I went to upgrade Flash and got this same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this other thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/888555?tstart=0 there's a post that says

"Try downloading the installers from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html"

I did and amazingly, it's a later version that the one in the main download link. It installed successfully but some Flash is still crashing for me. I hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue suddenly for some reason.

I couldn't use Flash player so removed the old program, restarted and downloaded again.

I can download but when I try to install it doesn't get beyond 12% then I get that same message as above.

I'm using Windows XP and tried the latest versions of both Firefox and IE.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here too... Firefox was crashing, thought it was the flash player, uninstalled and attempted a reinstall with the same thing, gives up at 12%. Something must be wrong on there end, not ours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problemmmm!:((i cant watch youtubee.so sad.plsss.can anyone have a solutionn.im running window 7 on 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone, definitely seems to be something on the Adobe end.  I kind of expected as much, but just wanted to be sure I didn't have some kind of weird download/installer issue going on.  Couldn't happen at a worse time, I'm trying to get a new laptop model image ready to go... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, getting same message. Downloading stops at 12%. Any solution found yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new version of Flash (10.3.181.4) that was released today, but according to the archives it has a date stamp of 8/9/2009 and is unavaiable. I'm sure we'll have to wait for them to correct the date error in this download before it becomes available.

Until then, as a workaround, you can visit the archive pages at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html and download the 10.3.181.34 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used this...

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

worked for me and it's not one of those stupid download clients, it's the actual install file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! I hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this same problem.  Has anyone found a way around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you all , i found google chrome plays youtube videos fine as it has its own built in flash player ,sorry know very little about technical side of these things ,only posting what worked for myself , good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your permissions or the users permissions.  I just encountered the same exact error as the user who is in the Power Users Group.  Once I logged in with the administrator account the download and install completed with no errors.  Depending on your situation, permissions may be your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these options have worked for me. Anything else? Any links to a Flash Player 10 download?

How are people still watching youtube videos? Have they just not updated and therefore Adobe hasn't screwed things up for them?

Any other software that will allow viewing of video content or are am I stuck without video/youtube until Adobe figures out how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bkwebdesign wrote:

Any links to a Flash Player 10 download?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

But a better option would be to fix your FP11 installation, but you need to provide some details if you expect anybody to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated I have tried that and it didn't work. When I go to extract from the saved zip folder from that link I get a window saying the folder is invalid.

I am having the same problems as everyone else here. Are other people still unable to download the latest flash player?

I am running on 64-bit Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bkwebdesign wrote:

Are other people still unable to download the latest flash player?

I have no problem downloading the installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 or other links posted earlier in this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save the file, double click it and get 'not a valid application'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines