Exit

Installing Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 2000 Pro SP4 32 bit

I use Firefox

I had Adobe Flash Player already installed. But I was having problems playing the games in Facebook. And one of the agents suggested that I uninstall Adobe Flash Player and re-install. I did, and it's not being excepted now. Plus my system doesn't support Adobe Flash Player 11.3 or whatever it is, which is probably why I was having problems with it. But I can't get back to Adobe Flash Player 10. When I install Adobe Flash Player it shows in Contents that it's installed. But when I go to Flash Settings to Allow, it tells me I need to download Adobe Flash Player. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times and still get the same thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash (or C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know. How do I go about fining out?

My operating system is Windows 2000 Pro Pk4

I did finally get Flash excepted. Problem was Firefox 8. I had to go back to Firefox 7.01b. Windows 2000 won't support Firefox 8 without a lot of problems. One of them is that you can't install Flash. I should say that you can install it but it's not excepted by Firefox 8.

Thank you for replying, and I would be interested to know how to find out what files I have in C:\WINNT\system32\Macromed\Flash or C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash.

Always interested in learning something new.

Took me hours to figure the Flash and Firefox 8 thing.

Thanks again for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find what files you have in that folder, open Windows Explorer, then navigate to the folder I mentioned.

Regarding Firefox 7.0.1b - I wouldn't use a beta version; try the final release version of Firefox 7.0.1 (English) from http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/7.0.1/win32/en-US/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for the info. The beta version doesn't seem to be working for the Zynga Games. So I will uninstall Firefox again and re-install the 7.0.1 version. I think that is the one I had before but I couldn't find it.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines