33 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 5:03 PM by inscrutable_one RSS

    Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working

    Rekondo

      First of all, please excuse me for my English.

       

      A few hours ago, I booted up my pc and Windows asked me to update flash player version.

      After that, flash player stopped working on Firefox.

       

      I downloaded standalone uninstaller for 64 bits, then installed Flash 11.1.102.55 for IE and Flash 11.1.102.55 for Firefox.

       

      Everything went ok in IE (both 32 bits and 64 bits), but Firefox still not working.

       

      Flash was working with no problems in Firefox before updating.

       

       

      Please help me with this problem.

      Thak you

       

      Juan Manuel

        • 1. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
          Kierenblade

          I thought I was the only one.

           

          I also have this problem with Firefox 8, no problem with IE

           

          I have uninstalled, rebooted then reinstalled multiple times (3 times). Still doesn't work.

          Flash Player worked until this new update

           

          Thanks

          Kieren

          • 2. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
            inscrutable_one

            My problem with this version of flash player is in Firefox.  Whenever I click on the volume control (slider bar) on the site that I am viewing a video, a pop-up appears from Adobe Flash Player Settings.  The message says that a website wants permssion to store information on my computer but it doesn't say what the information is.  Then it says that it is currently using 12 KB of storage space and it is requesting 2 MB.  Then it wants me to click on "Allow" or "Deny".  I've been clicking on Deny and the pop-up disappears.  However, everytime I click on the volume control slider bar the pop-up appears again.

             

            Prior to upgrading to this version last Friday, November 11, 2011, I didn't have these annoying pop-ups and I was running fine since September 16, 2011 when I got this new computer.

            • 3. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
              Rekondo Community Member

              I "solved" this problem by:

               

              1) Download and run 64 Bit Flash player uninstaller (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe)

              2) Download and Install Flash Player 11.0.1.152 (Non-IE) 64-bit from FileHippo (http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox_64/10746/)

              3) Download and Install Flash Player 11.0.1.152 (IE) 64-bit from FileHippo (http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie_64/10747/)

               

              I think step 3 could be ignored and install 11.1.102.55 instead (only for IE)

               

              After that Flash Player works on Firefox 8 but it isn't updated version, so security issues still there.

              • 4. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                Kierenblade Community Member

                No, didn't work.

                 

                I tried installing it through Firefox, it downloads to 100% then it fails...

                 

                Where can I download the Adobe Flash player 10? Seeing that 11 doesn't work

                • 5. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                  Rekondo Community Member

                  I also tried install from inside Firefox and always failed. Only manual installation works. So I downloaded installer from FileHippo.

                   

                  I can't find Flash Player 10 installer for download, but i'm sure it wont work. Firefox will disable the Flash plugin because it is an old version.

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                  Again, please excuse me for my English.

                  • 7. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                    Rekondo Community Member

                    It is not an installer related issue.

                    It's a versioning problem. Firefox doesn't recognize the Flash Player version and disables Flash Plugin.

                     

                    So installing a not blacklisted version of Flash Player (11.0.1.152) solves the issue.

                    But it is only a temporary workaround. Firefox will blacklist that version too beacuse of the known security issues.

                    • 8. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                      Kierenblade Community Member

                      The installation completes, but when I go into Firefox it says that I need to download Flash Player again

                      • 9. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                        Rekondo Community Member

                        Did you ran 64 bit Flash Player uninstaller before installing Flash Player 11.0.1.152 (Non-IE) 64-bit?

                         

                        I cleaned up Flash Player with uninstaller, then installed Flash Player 11.0.1.152 (NOT 11.1.102.55) and it worked for me.

                        • 10. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                          Kierenblade Community Member

                          I have used the 64-bit uninstaller, I have used both IE and Non-IE installers, 64-bit and 32-bit.

                          It works on IE, but not Firefox, I didn't install Flash Player in a different way from the previous versions

                          • 11. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                            pwillener CommunityMVP

                            Kierenblade wrote:

                             

                            I have used the 64-bit uninstaller, I have used both IE and Non-IE installers, 64-bit and 32-bit.

                            It works on IE, but not Firefox, I didn't install Flash Player in a different way from the previous versions

                            On 64-bit systems you only run the 64-bit installer, which will install both 64-bit and 32-bit components.  I don't know what will happen if you run both installers.

                             

                            I don't understand what you wrote earlier about Firefox "blacklisting"; FP 11.1.102.55 works fine on my Firefox 8.0.

                            • 12. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                              pwillener CommunityMVP

                              ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:


                              I don't understand what you wrote earlier about Firefox "blacklisting"; FP 11.1.102.55 works fine on my Firefox 8.0.

                              Sorry, that comment was made by Rekondo.

                               

                              Can you check http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ what it says about your Flash Player (Shockwave Flash) version?

                               

                               

                              P.S. I just updated Firefox to 8.0.1 and Flash Player still works correctly.

                              • 13. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                Rekondo Community Member

                                Because Firefox uses a blacklist for outdated plugins.

                                 

                                Now I REALLY solved this problem by doing a manual update of blocklist.xml

                                1) Open Firefox

                                2) Go to: Tools - Error Console

                                3) Copy/Paste this in Console Text Box:

                                Components.classes['@mozilla.org/extensions/blocklist;1'].getService(Components.interfaces.nsITimerCallback).notify(null);

                                4) When you click "Evaluate" button seems like nothing happens, but %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<ProfileName>\blocklist.xml file was updated. You can check this in File Explorer.

                                5) Install latest Flash Player (non-IE) 64 bits from Adobe website (FF is 32 bit browser, but if your OS is 64 bits, you have to download 64 bits plugin)

                                6) Check flash version on http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

                                7) Done! Flash Player updated to last version and running on FF8.

                                 

                                Now I'm running 11.1.102.55 with no problems

                                 

                                May be when Kierenblade and me updated Flash plugin, blocklist.xml was outdated.

                                • 14. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                  Kierenblade Community Member

                                  I am running Firefox 8.0

                                  It says that Firefox is up to date.

                                   

                                  I downloaded the Non-IE 64-bit Flash Player and I get this:

                                  (doesn't look like I can post pictures, and I can't upload them to a site because it needs FLASH PLAYER!)

                                  Once again, I have installed the latest version the same way I installed all previous versions

                                   

                                  Rekondo wrote:

                                   

                                  Because Firefox uses a blacklist for outdated plugins.

                                   

                                  Now I REALLY solved this problem by doing a manual update of blocklist.xml

                                  1) Open Firefox

                                  2) Go to: Tools - Error Console

                                  3) Copy/Paste this in Console Text Box:

                                  Components.classes['@mozilla.org/extensions/blocklist;1'].getService(Components.interfaces.nsITimerCallback).notify(null);

                                  4) When you click "Evaluate" button seems like nothing happens, but %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<ProfileName>\blocklist.xml file was updated. You can check this in File Explorer.

                                  5) Install latest Flash Player (non-IE) 64 bits from Adobe website (FF is 32 bit browser, but if your OS is 64 bits, you have to download 64 bits plugin)

                                  6) Check flash version on http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

                                  7) Done! Flash Player updated to last version and running on FF8.

                                   

                                  Now I'm running 11.1.102.55 with no problems

                                   

                                  May be when Kierenblade and me updated Flash plugin, blocklist.xml was outdated.

                                  I also tried this, still not working, Flash Player doesn't seem to install into Firefox. It doesn't show up in my addons list:

                                  (doesn't look like I can post pictures, and I can't upload them to a site because it needs FLASH PLAYER!)

                                   

                                  I just don't understand why it works on IE, but not Firefox, and yes, I did use the Non-IE installer to install it on Firefox and the IE installer for IE, both 64-bit

                                  • 15. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                    pwillener CommunityMVP

                                    Does it also not show under about:plugins

                                     

                                    What files do you have in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

                                    • 16. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                      Kierenblade Community Member

                                      ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

                                       

                                      Does it also not show under about:plugins

                                       

                                      What files do you have in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

                                      I will list all my plugins that are in the Add-ons Manger:

                                       

                                      • 1-Adobe Acrobat 10.1.1.33
                                      • 2-ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin 1.102.0.0
                                      • 3-ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin 1.96.0.0
                                      • 4-ESN Sonar API 0.70.4.0
                                      • 5-Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0,0.147 10.0.0.147
                                      • 6-Java(TM) Platform SE 7 10.0.0.147
                                      • 7-Microsoft Office 2010 14.0.4761.1000
                                      • 8-QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9 7.6.9.0
                                      • 9-RIM Handheld Application Loader 6.0.1.33
                                      • 10-Silverlight Plug-In 4.0.60831.0

                                       

                                      The files I have in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash:

                                      • Flash64_11_1_102.ocx
                                      • FlashInstall.log
                                      • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.dll
                                      • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.exe
                                      • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_Plugin.exe
                                      • NPSWF64_11_1_102.dll

                                       

                                       

                                       

                                      I really can't see what is the problem...

                                      • 17. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                        Kierenblade Community Member

                                        Can someone please tell me where to contact Adobe Support directly, or at least a link to download the previous version of Adobe Flash Player before the latest update.

                                        It's been nearly a week that Adobe Flash player isn't working...

                                         

                                        I have re-installed Firefox, still have the issue!

                                        • 19. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                          Rekondo Community Member

                                          Have you checked the link I already posted???

                                           

                                          2) Download and Install Flash Player 11.0.1.152 (Non-IE) 64-bit from FileHippo (http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox_64/10746/)

                                           

                                          Here is the link for previous version of Flash Player.

                                          • 20. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                            chris.campbell Employee Hosts

                                            If you feel more comfortable downloading directly from Adobe, please see this FAQ:

                                             

                                            Where do I find previous versions of Flash Player?

                                             

                                            If you'd like to talk with tech support, please visit: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/ for details on paid phone support.  There's a phone number on the right side of the page.

                                             

                                            Thanks,

                                            Chris

                                            • 21. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                              pwillener CommunityMVP

                                              Kierenblade wrote:

                                               

                                              I will list all my plugins that are in the Add-ons Manger:

                                              • 1-Adobe Acrobat 10.1.1.33
                                              • 2-ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin 1.102.0.0
                                              • 3-ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin 1.96.0.0
                                              • 4-ESN Sonar API 0.70.4.0
                                              • 5-Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0,0.147 10.0.0.147
                                              • 6-Java(TM) Platform SE 7 10.0.0.147
                                              • 7-Microsoft Office 2010 14.0.4761.1000
                                              • 8-QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9 7.6.9.0
                                              • 9-RIM Handheld Application Loader 6.0.1.33
                                              • 10-Silverlight Plug-In 4.0.60831.0

                                               

                                              The files I have in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash:

                                              • Flash64_11_1_102.ocx
                                              • FlashInstall.log
                                              • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.dll
                                              • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.exe
                                              • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_Plugin.exe
                                              • NPSWF64_11_1_102.dll

                                               

                                              Sorry, I hav been away for a few days.

                                               

                                              I am a little bit confused by the contents in your syswow64 install folder; you are on a 64-bit system, and you have been running the 64-bit installer?

                                               

                                              The contents in my syswow64 install folder are:

                                              • Flash11e.ocx
                                              • FlashInstall.log
                                              • flashplayer.xpt
                                              • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll
                                              • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.exe
                                              • FlashUtil11e_Plugin.exe
                                              • NPSWF32.dll

                                              The files that you list I find in my system32 folder.

                                              • 22. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                Kierenblade Community Member

                                                ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

                                                 

                                                Kierenblade wrote:

                                                 

                                                I will list all my plugins that are in the Add-ons Manger:

                                                • 1-Adobe Acrobat 10.1.1.33
                                                • 2-ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin 1.102.0.0
                                                • 3-ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin 1.96.0.0
                                                • 4-ESN Sonar API 0.70.4.0
                                                • 5-Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0,0.147 10.0.0.147
                                                • 6-Java(TM) Platform SE 7 10.0.0.147
                                                • 7-Microsoft Office 2010 14.0.4761.1000
                                                • 8-QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9 7.6.9.0
                                                • 9-RIM Handheld Application Loader 6.0.1.33
                                                • 10-Silverlight Plug-In 4.0.60831.0

                                                 

                                                The files I have in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash:

                                                • Flash64_11_1_102.ocx
                                                • FlashInstall.log
                                                • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.dll
                                                • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.exe
                                                • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_Plugin.exe
                                                • NPSWF64_11_1_102.dll

                                                 

                                                Sorry, I hav been away for a few days.

                                                 

                                                I am a little bit confused by the contents in your syswow64 install folder; you are on a 64-bit system, and you have been running the 64-bit installer?

                                                 

                                                The contents in my syswow64 install folder are:

                                                • Flash11e.ocx
                                                • FlashInstall.log
                                                • flashplayer.xpt
                                                • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll
                                                • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.exe
                                                • FlashUtil11e_Plugin.exe
                                                • NPSWF32.dll

                                                The files that you list I find in my system32 folder.

                                                Sorry, I just relized that I gave the system32 one, not the syswow64.

                                                At the moment I'm on my laptop (32-bit), I will see if I can find the folder on my desktop when I get home.

                                                 

                                                Thanks for your help!

                                                • 23. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                  pwillener CommunityMVP

                                                  When you do, can you also check what  about:plugins  displays?

                                                  • 24. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                    pwillener CommunityMVP

                                                    Kierenblade wrote:

                                                     

                                                    Sorry, I just relized that I gave the system32 one, not the syswow64.

                                                    It is sometimes a little bit confusing...  On 64-bit systems

                                                    • system32 contains the 64-bit progams
                                                    • syswow64 contains the 32-bit programs

                                                     

                                                    One thing to try...  I am currently using Waterfox 8.0.1, which is the 64-bit version of Firefox 8.0.1 - can you give this a try too?  http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/

                                                    • 25. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                      Kierenblade Community Member

                                                      ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

                                                       

                                                      Kierenblade wrote:

                                                       

                                                      Sorry, I just relized that I gave the system32 one, not the syswow64.

                                                      It is sometimes a little bit confusing...  On 64-bit systems

                                                      • system32 contains the 64-bit progams
                                                      • syswow64 contains the 32-bit programs

                                                       

                                                      One thing to try...  I am currently using Waterfox 8.0.1, which is the 64-bit version of Firefox 8.0.1 - can you give this a try too?  http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/

                                                      Alright, just check in the syswow64 folder:

                                                      List of the things in the flash folder:

                                                      • FlashPlayer Trust (folder)
                                                      • Flash11e.ocx
                                                      • FlashInstall.log
                                                      • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll
                                                      • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.exe

                                                      As for Waterfox, I will try later or tomorrow

                                                      • 26. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                        Kierenblade Community Member

                                                        Oh yes, the about:plugins,

                                                         

                                                         

                                                        Enabled plugins

                                                        Find more information about browser plugins at mozilla.org.

                                                         

                                                        Find updates for installed plugins at mozilla.com/plugincheck.

                                                        Help for installing plugins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.


                                                        NVIDIA 3D VISION

                                                        File: npnv3dvstreaming.dll
                                                        Version: 7.17.12.8579
                                                        NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
                                                        application/mozilla-3DV-streaming-pluginnpnv3dvstreamingrts

                                                        NVIDIA 3D Vision

                                                        File: npnv3dv.dll
                                                        Version: 7.17.12.8579
                                                        NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
                                                        image/jpsJPEG-based stereo imagejps
                                                        image/pnsPNG-based stereo imagepns
                                                        image/mpoMulti-Picture Format imagempo

                                                        ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin

                                                        File: npesnlaunch.dll
                                                        Version: 1.102.0.0
                                                        1.102.0
                                                        application/mozilla-plugin-esn-launch-1.102.0esnlaunch

                                                        ESN Sonar API

                                                        File: npesnsonar.dll
                                                        Version: 0.70.4.0
                                                        0.70.4
                                                        application/mozilla-plugin-esn-sonar-0.70.4esnsonar

                                                        ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin

                                                        File: npesnlaunch.dll
                                                        Version: 1.96.0.0
                                                        1.96.0
                                                        application/mozilla-plugin-esn-launch-1.96.0esnlaunch

                                                        Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.0.147

                                                        File: npdeployJava1.dll
                                                        Version: 10.0.0.147
                                                        NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
                                                        application/java-deployment-toolkit

                                                        Java(TM) Platform SE 7

                                                        File: npjp2.dll
                                                        Version: 10.0.0.147
                                                        Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.0.0 for Mozilla browsers
                                                        application/x-java-appletJava Applet
                                                        application/x-java-beanJavaBeans
                                                        application/x-java-vm

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.1

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.1

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.2

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.2

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.3

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.3

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.4

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.4

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.1

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.5

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.5

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.6

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.6

                                                        application/x-java-applet;version=1.7

                                                        application/x-java-bean;version=1.7

                                                        application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.7

                                                        application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.7

                                                        Adobe Acrobat

                                                        File: nppdf32.dll
                                                        Version: 10.1.1.33
                                                        Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
                                                        application/pdfAcrobat Portable Document Formatpdf
                                                        application/vnd.adobe.pdfxmlAdobe PDF in XML Formatpdfxml
                                                        application/vnd.adobe.x-marsAdobe PDF in XML Formatmars
                                                        application/vnd.fdfAcrobat Forms Data Formatfdf
                                                        application/vnd.adobe.xfdfXML Version of Acrobat Forms Data Formatxfdf
                                                        application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml Acrobat XML Data Packagexdp
                                                        application/vnd.adobe.xfd+xmlAdobe FormFlow99 Data Filexfd

                                                        Silverlight Plug-In

                                                        File: npctrl.dll
                                                        Version: 4.0.60831.0
                                                        4.0.60831.0
                                                        application/x-silverlightnpctrlscr
                                                        application/x-silverlight-2

                                                        RIM Handheld Application Loader

                                                        File: NPWebSLLauncher.dll
                                                        Version: 6.0.1.33
                                                        BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
                                                        application/x-rim-websllauncher

                                                        QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

                                                        File: npqtplugin7.dll
                                                        Version: 7.6.9.0
                                                        The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
                                                        image/tiffTIFF imagetif,tiff
                                                        image/x-tiffTIFF imagetif,tiff
                                                        image/jp2JPEG2000 imagejp2
                                                        image/jpeg2000JPEG2000 imagejp2
                                                        image/jpeg2000-imageJPEG2000 imagejp2
                                                        image/x-jpeg2000-imageJPEG2000 imagejp2

                                                        QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

                                                        File: npqtplugin6.dll
                                                        Version: 7.6.9.0
                                                        The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
                                                        video/x-m4vVideo (protected)m4v
                                                        image/x-macpaintMacPaint imagepntg,pnt,mac
                                                        image/pictPICT imagepict,pic,pct
                                                        image/x-pictPICT imagepict,pic,pct
                                                        image/pngPNG imagepng
                                                        image/x-pngPNG imagepng
                                                        image/x-quicktimeQuickTime imageqtif,qti
                                                        image/x-sgiSGI imagesgi,rgb
                                                        image/x-targaTGA imagetarga,tga

                                                        QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

                                                        File: npqtplugin5.dll
                                                        Version: 7.6.9.0
                                                        The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
                                                        audio/3gpp3GPP media3gp,3gpp
                                                        video/3gpp23GPP2 media3g2,3gp2
                                                        audio/3gpp23GPP2 media3g2,3gp2
                                                        video/sd-videoSD videosdv
                                                        application/x-mpegAMC mediaamc
                                                        video/mp4MPEG-4 mediamp4
                                                        audio/mp4MPEG-4 mediamp4
                                                        audio/x-m4aAAC audiom4a
                                                        audio/x-m4pAAC audio (protected)m4p
                                                        audio/x-m4bAAC audio bookm4b

                                                        QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

                                                        File: npqtplugin4.dll
                                                        Version: 7.6.9.0
                                                        The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
                                                        video/mpegMPEG mediampeg,mpg,m1s,m1v,m1a,m75,m15,mp2,mpm,mpv,mpa
                                                        audio/mpegMPEG audiompeg,mpg,m1s,m1a,mp2,mpm,mpa,m2a
                                                        audio/x-mpegMPEG audiompeg,mpg,m1s,m1a,mp2,mpm,mpa,m2a
                                                        video/3gpp3GPP media3gp,3gpp

                                                        QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

                                                        File: npqtplugin3.dll
                                                        Version: 7.6.9.0
                                                        The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
                                                        audio/x-gsmGSM audiogsm
                                                        audio/AMRAMR audioAMR
                                                        audio/aacAAC audioaac,adts
                                                        audio/x-aacAAC audioaac,adts
                                                        audio/x-cafCAF audiocaf
                                                        audio/ac3AC3 audioac3
                                                        audio/x-ac3AC3 audioac3
                                                        video/x-mpegMPEG mediampeg,mpg,m1s,m1v,m1a,m75,m15,mp2,mpm,mpv,mpa

                                                        QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

                                                        File: npqtplugin2.dll
                                                        Version: 7.6.9.0
                                                        The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
                                                        audio/aiffAIFF audioaiff,aif,aifc,cdda
                                                        audio/x-aiffAIFF audioaiff,aif,aifc,cdda
                                                        audio/basicuLaw/AU audioau,snd,ulw
                                                        audio/midMIDImid,midi,smf,kar
                                                        audio/x-midiMIDImid,midi,smf,kar
                                                        audio/midiMIDImid,midi,smf,kar
                                                        audio/vnd.qcelpQUALCOMM PureVoice audioqcp

                                                        QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9

                                                        File: npqtplugin.dll
                                                        Version: 7.6.9.0
                                                        The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
                                                        application/sdpSDP stream descriptorsdp
                                                        application/x-sdpSDP stream descriptorsdp
                                                        application/x-rtspRTSP stream descriptorrtsp,rts
                                                        video/quicktimeQuickTime Moviemov,qt,mqv
                                                        video/flcAutoDesk Animator (FLC)flc,fli,cel
                                                        audio/x-wavWAVE audiowav,bwf
                                                        audio/wavWAVE audiowav,bwf

                                                        Microsoft Office 2010

                                                        File: NPSPWRAP.DLL
                                                        Version: 14.0.4761.1000
                                                        The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
                                                        application/x-sharepointSharePoint Plug-in for Firefox

                                                        Microsoft Office 2010

                                                        File: NPAUTHZ.DLL
                                                        Version: 14.0.4730.1010
                                                        Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
                                                        application/x-msoffice1414.0.4730.1010*
                                                        • 27. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                          Kierenblade Community Member

                                                          Ok, I tried Waterfox, and it worked.

                                                          It has Shockwave Flash installed. Thanks for your help! Appreciate it!

                                                          • 28. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                            pwillener CommunityMVP

                                                            Kierenblade wrote:

                                                             

                                                            Alright, just check in the syswow64 folder:

                                                            List of the things in the flash folder:

                                                            • FlashPlayer Trust (folder)
                                                            • Flash11e.ocx
                                                            • FlashInstall.log
                                                            • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll
                                                            • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.exe

                                                            As for Waterfox, I will try later or tomorrow

                                                            Aha!  This is why the 64-bit Waterfox works, but 32-bit Firefox is not: NPSWF32.dll is missing.

                                                             

                                                            Try re-running the 64-bit installer, and everything should be fine, even with Firefox.

                                                            • 29. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                              Kierenblade Community Member

                                                              ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

                                                               

                                                              Kierenblade wrote:

                                                               

                                                              Alright, just check in the syswow64 folder:

                                                              List of the things in the flash folder:

                                                              • FlashPlayer Trust (folder)
                                                              • Flash11e.ocx
                                                              • FlashInstall.log
                                                              • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll
                                                              • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.exe

                                                              As for Waterfox, I will try later or tomorrow

                                                              Aha!  This is why the 64-bit Waterfox works, but 32-bit Firefox is not: NPSWF32.dll is missing.

                                                               

                                                              Try re-running the 64-bit installer, and everything should be fine, even with Firefox.

                                                              WooHoo! It works!!

                                                               

                                                              Just btw, the version previous from the latest one, doesn't work. Turns out that this "

                                                              2) Download and Install Flash Player 11.0.1.152 (Non-IE) 64-bit from FileHippo (http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox_64/10746/)"

                                                              is the version that doesn't work.

                                                               

                                                              Thank you so much ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ! Appreciate it A LOT!!

                                                              • 30. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                                Kierenblade Community Member

                                                                Also, the Shockwave Flash was added to my Plugins List

                                                                • 32. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                                  robsflash Community Member

                                                                  I'm trying to determine if my issue is related to this thread. Audio players on pages like this will not play in firefox 8.0.1 on my wiindows 7 64 bit machine. I have uninstalled and installed adobe flash several times and cannot get these files to play. They play fine on every other browser including firefox 8.0.1 running on windows xp 32 bit.

                                                                  • 33. Re: Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64 bits), Firefox 8, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 Not Working
                                                                    inscrutable_one Community Member

                                                                    I've seen and read several comments similar to yours on this thread.  I haven't

                                                                    exactly had the problem they described (like yours, "Not Working").  My problem

                                                                    is when I adjust the volume of a video, a pop-up appears with a web-site asking

                                                                    to store something on my hard drive and it wants more space, typically 12 kb and

                                                                    it's only getting 2 kb.

                                                                     

                                                                     

                                                                    Randy