• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only a single instance of this application can run.

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to do. When i want to start the sims social on Facebook.com it says to me to install latest version on adobe flash. When i want to instal the latest version from Adobe website i see error like this:

cats.jpg

I'll find someone who says to uninstall and install it again. I download the uninstaller from website, compleat it and still noething. Whta to do ? Now i'm i don't have it and can't do noethin on my PC. I using Windows XP Prof.

HELP !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you've tried rebooting your system?  Could you try quitting all of your apps in your taskbar area (next to the clock), what's happening here is that something is using Flash player (besides the browser) and the installer is failing because it can't overwrite it.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whe I run "install_flashplayer10_chrd_aih.exe" in my task administrator appears the proccess, after a few seconds appears a new one with the same name and then appears the alert that ArthurSkop sent. I think It isnt't a windows trouble, I think it's a installer bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm going to forward this along to the installer team.  In the meantime, please use the installers located in this FAQ post:

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player for Windows or Macintosh?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I met the same problem...

1. I download two exe files: "install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe" and "install_flashplayer11x32ax_gtbd_aih.exe";

2. I execute "install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe" with admin privilege and then it disappeared;

3. after 2, I execute "install_flashplayer11x32ax_gtbd_aih.exe" and the alter window of "Only a single instance of this application can run." popup;

is there something wrong?

TIA...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Flash Player 11, use the installers from the links in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

P.S. I am going to move this topic to the Installation section of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I have been fighting this problem for over a week now.  Just figured things out today.  I had installed Microsoft Silverlight a bit ago.  I think that is the "other instance" that the computer was trying to tell me was interfering with installing Adobe Flash.  I think it is a version of Flash Player.  I uninstalled it and then installed the 64 bit version of Adobe Flash for other browsers (other than Iinternet Explorer).  The Flash player now works with Safari and Firefox.  There was a suggestion to download Google Chrome since it has an integrated Flash player and I did that.  It worked great from the start, but I still wanted to use my other browsers.  There was a version of Flash Player just for Internet Explorer, but I did not install that since I am uncertain whether or not I am going to use Explorer going forward.  It has been acting up.  I really hopes this helps some of the rest of you. 

Use the link in the post above to download the correct Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines