• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animations disappear in PDF presentations

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm converting my Powerpoint 2003 notes into PDF using Presenter 7.07. I want people viewing the presentation to take action at the end of the slides, so the slides are all set to be advanced by the users.

However, right at the end of each slide, any text or images that were animated in the slide simply disappear. This is annoying because often I'd like people to be looking at that text while they think about the next step. Note that this does not happen in the original powerpoint presentation: only when it is converted to PDF.

I realize the users can just scroll back a second to see what was there, but this seems awkward to do several times in a presentation. Is there a setting in Presenter that I'm missing, or something in PowerPoint that Presenter is interpreting in a way that makes it erase all of the animated items at the end?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Hi,

You can send me the project at asgarg@adobe.com<mailto:asgarg@adobe.com>.

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think those Powerpoint animations are supported when converting a file to PDF. Only basic things are supported when you convert files since PDF does not support animations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the animations do work fine in PDF: the only problem is that at the end of the slide they disappear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you publish the presentation as Flash, do the animations still disappear at the end of the slide? That will help narrow it down to a PDF issue or a Presenter issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if I publish it in Flash the animations still disappear at the end of the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so it is either a Presenter issue, or there is an action at the end of the slide in PPT that clears the animated objects. You may need to call support, or if you can share the file, we can look at it and see what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be delighted to share a sample, though I'm not sure how to do an attachment that isn't just a picture.

I did notice one other interesting symptom. I do an audio commentary on the slides. When I take that audio portion out, the animations behave normally (they don't disappear at the end of the slide).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can send me the project at asgarg@adobe.com<mailto:asgarg@adobe.com>.

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an attachment tool at the top of the window for adding attachments to your post. You could take an example version of your trouble presentation and zip it together with the Presenter folder and we could then download it and play with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it looks like Ashish found a solution for me. Converting ppt to pptx seems to correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Glad to hear that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2011 Nov 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Dave, nice to know it worked for you.

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see this issue with 7.0.7 only or you could see it with earlier versions as well?

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I only have 7.07 on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources