• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having boatloads of problems deploying Adobe Flash Player to my end users using Microsoft System Center.  My question comes way before SCCM though.

When i run the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller, it runs, but I still see Adobe Flash listed in the Add/Remove Programs. 

My install packages keep showing successful, but they are not actually successful as when I go to the About Adobe Flash page, I get prompted to install Adobe Flash.

If someone could tell me how to competely remove Flash from my PC's manually or via script, that would be extremely helpful. 

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to provide a few more details:

1.  I uninstall Adobe Flash Active X and Plug in from Add/Remove Programs and they are no longer listed.

2.  I install Adobe Flash Active X and Plugin and they show up in Add/Remove Programs

3.  I run the Adobe Flash player Uninstaller and both the Adobe Flash Player Plugin and Active X are still listed in Add/Remove Programs after it completes.

I need step 3 completed correctly. 

If that does not work, then I cannot install an updated version correctly. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WMB-mdillon wrote:

3.  I run the Adobe Flash player Uninstaller and both the Adobe Flash Player Plugin and Active X are still listed in Add/Remove Programs after it completes.

I have never experienced that.  Could it be that a browser windows was open while running the uninstaller?

Can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file (or attach the file to your post)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one did you use to install the Flash plugin, the .exe or the .msi?

If you used the msi you need to remove it using msiexec /x {Productcode}. If you used the .exe you have to use the uninstaller. I made the experience that the uninstaller does not 100% remove the msi-installed product (same vice versa).

To be on the safe side I would create an uninstall script that runs both uninstalling options one after the other...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the MSI.  I would love to script an uninstall for both, but call me a noob, but where is the product code for Flash 11? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the registry to:

HKLM\Software\Wow6432node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (64bit OS) or HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (32bit OS) and search for flash. if Flash is installed you will find the corresponding CLSID as key. In the properties you can then view the uninstall / modify string. For my installation (Flash 10.3.183.11) it's:

MsiExec.exe /X{54DAAD16-A57A-4524-9C4F-391500945D14}

For uninstallation use exactly this string + "/qn /norestart" if you want to have it silent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouww..

thanks, I have same problem, but now fixed.

Simple Aja Technology & Entertainment Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually used this code:

:: Adobe Latest Install::
:: 32 bit version  ALL Browsers ::

:: KILL ALL PROCESSES FLASH USES ::

taskkill /IM firefox* /f
taskkill /IM iexplore* /f
taskkill /IM aim* /f
taskkill /IM ypager* /f
taskkill /IM yupdater* /f
taskkill /IM yahoo* /f

:: UNINSTALL ALL VERSIONS OF FLASH ::
"\\NETWORK LOCATION\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player\Uninstall\uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe" -uninstall {activex}

"\\NETWORK LOCATION\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player\Uninstall\uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe" -uninstall {plugin}

msiexec /x "NETWORK LOCATION\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player\32bit\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.msi" /qn

msiexec /x "NETWORK LOCATION\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player\32bit\install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.msi" /qn

:: INSTALL FLASH PLAYER FOR INTERNET EXPLORER
%comspec% /c msiexec /i  "NETWORK LOCATION\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player\32bit\install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.msi" /qn

:: INSTALL FLASH PLAYER PLUGIN FOR FIREFOX, ETC.
%comspec% /c msiexec /I  "NETWORK LOCATION\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player\32bit\install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.msi" /qn

Works on my two PC's that were failing. Need to test on others to verify. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have been looking for this answer for a week, thanks for the answer now the problem is solved

Genbii Toko Mainan Online | Toko Mainan | Toko Mainan Online | Mainan Anak | Grosir Mainan | Mainan Bayi | Mainan Online | Mainan Anak Online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines