• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional text tags doing strange things - RoboHelp8 HTML

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to RoboHelp8 HTML I have had several issues appear over a period of time.

I have applied service patches 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 for two of the issues but am still having other issues appear.

Can anyone help me with conditional text tags that are behaving badly?

Background

I am having the issue in topics that already existed before the upgrade to RoboHelp8 from RoboHelp7 - both where text has already had a conditional text tag applied to it before the upgrade and where I have applied the conditional text tag after the upgrade.

The issue has occurred where one word in a paragraph of text has had a conditional text tag applied to it and also when a whole paragraph has had the conditional text tag applied to it.

I have found this issue to appear across several topics that have been created in earlier versions and opened into RoboHelp8 HTML.

The Issue...

Now to explain the actual issue to you... Make sure that you have understood the 'Background' section above...

The condtional tags have applied themselves to text else where e.g. continuing down the page.

In the screen shots below the first series are of the topic OK as they should be with four different conditions applied to them (light blue, green, pink, black), the second series is after a period of time when the topic has been opened again and the conditional text has gone wild and applied itself randomly - I might add here that the topic had been opened prior to this and been fine!

Series one - should look like

Xx_38.gif

Xx_39.gif

Xx_40.gif

Series two - shouldn't look like

In this particular case it is the black conditional tag that has reaaplied itself, but it has been variations of the other conditionals also else where.

Xx_40.gif

Xx_42.gifXx_41.gif

Xx_43.gif

To resolve the issue (which may come back I might add) I am having to copy all text into Notepad, delete all text and apply the 'Normal' style to the topic and then re paste text in from Notepad.  This mostly works, but in somecases I will reopen the topic at a later date (after it has been ok when opened at other times) to find the crazy conditional again.

If that does not work I delete and rebuild the topic page.

Please help me!

wjou9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to suggest other than the clean up you are running. The only thing I can come up with is to go to Tools > Options and run Update DHTML. Do this on a copy of the project in case it makes the problem worse rather than better.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2010 Aug 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion Peter.

I will try this the next time the issue with conditional text occurs, I'll let you know if it helps.

wjou9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem on a fairly long topic myself.  Every time I went to the HTML tab in RH 8 and went back to the design tab, it'd mess up the build tags.  I got tired of retagging it over and over, that's for sure.  It always broke in the same place in the topic and after that spot all of the build tags were hosed.

I narrowed the problem down to an en-dash imported from Word that converted to an HTML symbol in the HTML code.  I'm not sure if that'll help, but once I got rid of all the en-dashes and em-dashes in the projects, I haven't seen it since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML 8 w/upgrades 1&2

I have had the exact same problems with original topics as well as new topics. Conditions were carefully applied. Attempted to solve the problem by completely redoing the topic only to have the crazy conditions reappear upon reopening the project. Is anyone still experiencing this problem and has there ever been a solution that works? Em or en dashes have never been involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2011 Apr 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem hit more people in RoboHelp 9 and a fix was issued. See the Announcements at http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robohelp_html

I doubt that a fix will be issued for RoboHelp 8 so you either need to upgrade or see if avoiding multi-level lists will help.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about those of us who *just* upgraded to Suite 2.5? As in, December? We begged for and finally got approval and the upgrade software and all of our writers got our machines upgraded about two seconds before Suite 3 rolled out the door, so "upgrade to 9.0" isn't an option.

For some of us who have angrily hard coded via Notepad and Word for <span><span><span><span>, and pasted code back in, or gotten fed up and REMOVED the CBTs, figuring, "It just isn't worth it," that's not very comforting.

Thanks,

Judy

Maryland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I don't see a "fix" listed on this link that you posted:

This problem hit more people in RoboHelp 9 and a fix was issued. See the Announcements at http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robohelp_html

Can you be more specific, please? We are having conditional text popping up all over the place in our topics, in places it was never intended or placed to begin with. I can't figure out why this is happening. Thank you.

Saundra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(and I am using RH9, part of the Tech Suite)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the announcements, specifically number 6.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a broken link when I click the file link on Announcement #6.  Is anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html and grab the 9.0.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the reply.  I already have 9.0.1 installed.  i thought I needed to download and replace a single file.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp