• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I scale a clip in Premiere Pro CS5?

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user, trying to animate scaling on a clip.  The manual refers to using the Motion effect but I don't see that effect anywhere under Video Effects, when I search for it under effects, or even when I search under the  Help pulldown.  Can someone tell me where the Motion Effect is hidden or is it possible I need to load this effect? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Check under the Window menu at the top.  That should open it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's automatically applied to any video clip when it's used in a sequence. Just select the clip instance in the sequence, and go to the Effect Controls Panel (ECP); the Motion effect will be there. Twirl it open to reveal properties like Scale, Position, Rotation, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  However, "the Motion effect will be there" is not the case in my ECP.  My Effects include Presets, Audio Effects, Audio Transitions, Video Effects, and Video Transitions.  Under Video Effects there are 19 categories, and under these there is no Motion Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the Effects Control Panel you're looking in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  However I would appreciate an answer that can direct me to a solution.  Can someone direct me to the mysterious effects control panel and the elusive Motion Effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check under the Window menu at the top.  That should open it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you,  I was looking at the panel marked "Effects" thinking this was the Effects Control Panel.  Now I see another panel marked "Effects Control".  I still have no idea why Help search doesn't guide me there, as in AE.  Problem solved! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why folks new to Premiere Pro really should go through the entire Help file before actually using the program on a project.

Go in sequence, don't skip around.

Look up any words you don't understand.

Try each new thing as you learn it.

Doing that, you'll have far fewer problems than if you skip that important step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Jim, I recommend that you spend some time working your way through the basic learning materials:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/878529

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines