• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cffile issues with IE page not found

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2006 Jun 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some weird issues with cffile when I have a client delete a file. I've never run into this problem with using Firefox and I've run into this with IE 5 on up. When the client hits the submit button it gives them a 500 error (page cannot be displayed) even though the page is sitting on the server. The client has also run into this problem with using cffile upload.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on with IE not finding a file that exists?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 13, 2006 Jun 13, 2006
Nevermind.
Discovered the issues...sorry for wasting the forum space.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2006 Jun 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind.
Discovered the issues...sorry for wasting the forum space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2006 Sep 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having a similar problem but not with delete but rather with the upload itself. The CF server needs to be restarted periodically when a file is uploaded unsuccessfully- in IE message is 'Page cannot be displayed' in Firefox 'Path is not specified'

The uploadd application has been working all along until recently .. We are on CFMX7 with all the latest updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2006 Sep 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 3 months and I'm not entirely sure as to how I fixed this. I remember that IE was running into some kind of error that firefox never encountered. I'm thinking that it might have had something to do with "enctype" in the form tag.

I apologize for not remembering the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2006 Sep 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
please post you full code so it can be analyzed for errors. it is very hard to say what is wrong and why you see an error page without seeing your code. make sure you post the file upload code AND the form code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation