36 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 9:37 AM by John Nez Illustration RSS

GL2DW conversions... I've tried everything, but still nothing works.

John Nez Illustration Community Member

I've been trying for a few days to convert a CS1 GoLive site to a CS5 Dreamweaver site... and nothing has worked.

I have studied about 5 online discussions for various procedures.  I downloaded the GL2DW extension and loaded that into the CS5 Dreamweaver site.  No luck.  I tried changing the names of the various GoLive folders to web-content, web-data and web-settings.  But when I go to convert I'm still asked to list the folder with my .site file... which is clearly there.  Yet it is ignored for some reason.

I next tried downloading an extension which I loaded into a folder in GoLive.  But on launch it informed me that this conversion extenstion only supports CS2 and above.

Then I tried doing as was suggested on this list in another question:

From GoLive go to Site > Convert Site to New Structure.

Then from Dreamweaver go to Site > Import GoLive Site.

But that didn't work because there is no ' Convert Site to New Structure' option in CS1 GoLive.

So... short of looking around on ebay for a copy of GoLive 9 what might anyone suggest?

It's like I fall through all the cracks here... and don't fit in anywhere.

My site is fairly simple... but I wouldn't want to hack it all out from scratch in Dreamweaver... if at all possible.

Thanks for any help.