• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DHTML Drop-down not working properly

Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have a RoboHelp 8 user in my workgroup who is working on updating some screenshots in DHTML drop-downs in an online Help (WebHelp output). All topics except one have been updated without any issues. However, in one particular topic, when any of the existing DHTML drop-downs are updated with a new image, RoboHelp appears to wipe out all the underlying DHTML Dropspot code and the result (as seen in topic preview) looks as if the screenshots were placed as an inline image (replacing the text they were intended to expand from). A look at the HTML confirms this. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening in just the one topic?

I am assuming that here is something wrong with this one topic, but I'd like to determine what exactly so they can fix it without totally rewiting it, if possible.

Thanks,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What do you mean that the existing DHTML dropdowns are updated with a new image?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Willam,

We have existing DHTML dropdowns linked to text (for instance, show image) that shows an old image (for instance, image1.jpg) that works fine. When we edit the DHTML dropdown to remove the old image and replace it with a new one (for instance, image2.jpg), the new image appears in the topic as if it were an inline image replacing the text (show image) that the dropdown was linked to.

As I said, we know the issue is specific to just the one topic. The same action performed on other topics has worked without any issues, so we’re trying to determine what the issue is with this one topic that is preventing the replacement from working properly…

Thank you for you follow-up…

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you post the HTML of the dropdowns in the topic. Perhaps I can see someting in that, but it sure sounds mysterious.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willam,

I thank you for the offer, but to avoid further delay in making updates, my co-worker elected to recreate the topic from scratch last week and redo the DHTML dropdowns, which did fix the issue...

That confirms that the topic itself had become corrupted somehow. Not surprising since this Help project was originally created in RoboHelp 9.0 (the old eHelp version) and migrated all the way through to the Adobe RoboHelp 8 version. I am sure it just had some erroneous leftovers from all the version migrations over the years that were affecting the old popup ID's...

At any rate, she has fixed the problem by recreating the topic and rebuilding the DHTML dropdowns, so at this point, we know that method works.

Thanks again...

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp