• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Function missing when transform html to Adobe Air by RoboHelp

Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I encounter several issues when i transform a html file to Adobe Air format by RoboHelp.

On the source html format, the collapse, expend, switch and filter functions  all can work normally(open the source html on IE).

But on Air format, there seems the js and css can't work normally, so all these collapse, expend, switch and filter functions can't be afforded.

When html file is transformed to Air format, the source file was modified a lot.

Here i didn't find a way to upload the source html, if you could have a test with my problem, that will be great.

My e-mail address is TLi3@statestreet.com I will send you the source once i receive your e-mail.

My msn is xaioxiaoting@hotmail.com Looking forward for you. Thanks!

I upload several pitures, you find the difference between normal permormance(on source html mode) and unnormal performance(on Adobe Air mode)

Normal collapse picture:

.normal_collapse.PNG

Wrong collapse picture:

wrong_collapse.PNG

Normal expand picture:

normal_expand.PNG

Wrong expand picture:

wrong_expand.PNG

I didn't upload all the compare pictures, looking forward to your help. Contact me, Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face same issues and l'm look for help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Angryxxt:

I'm a little unsure of what the "correct" pictures are showing - is this the generated help output? If so, what is it? Are you using some sort of effect that perhaps isn't supported under AIRHelp? Which flavour of AIRHelp are you creating - the locally-installed one or the browser-based one? Are you using a browser to display this help? If so, have you tried other browsers?

@kokpolaris:

Can you elaborate a bit more about what you're getting? Versions of RH, O/S, etc. may also help us out too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am so glad to hear from you. Please let me introduce the background of these pictures. I generated the source html files with Sandcastle (a tool of MicroSoft), the "correct" pictures

which I uploaded is screenshot of the html generated by Sandcastle, and I opened html file with IE.

As I know, Adobe Help supports html format files.

My flavour of AIRHelp is the locally-installed one.

My transform operation steps is:

1. I created a new project in RoboHelp.

2. Imported the source html files.(These have been attached)

3. Select AdobeAIR as primary output.

4. Generated.

I also opened the generated html files with Firefox, but the performance is the same with IE.

The version of RoboHelp is Adobe RoboHelp9, my operating system is Windows7.

Attachment is the source html files, you can recur same issues when you following same steps as I have described.

I also attached is detail description of my issues. Thanks for your help!

Looking forward to you!

Best wishes!

Iris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iris

I believe Attachments are still suspended. If you replied by email, try via the web interface to the forum. Otherwise add another post to this thread with that information.

Also indicate what method you are using for the images to be changed. Is it the RoboHelp twisty method or some javascript method?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Could you give me your e-mail address, so I can send the attachment to you.Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My e-mail is TLi3@statestreet.com<mailto:TLi3@statestreet.com>

My msn is xaioxiaoting@hotmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not really how the forum works. We like to keep stuff open so that everyone benefits. Sometimes I will ask for something direct but in specific circumstances.

I have been away for a month so it will be several days before I can look at anything detailed. Is there some reason you cannot post what you tried to attach?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mean I don't want to share. It's just I didn't find a place where can upload attachment, I also wish my example can help other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you not just post the text of the attachment in the same way you create the reply?

What is the file type of what you want to attach?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to attach the source html file and some css, js file, these will help you view the normal performance.

And you can use the source html file to generate AdobeAir format file to view the abnormal performance.

I have arranged the detail description about my issue, it's very long, will take you some time to read.

Performance of Adobe Air has following issues.

1. Expand and collapse functions can't be afforded on Air mode.

When we collapse all, normal performance should like:

When we collapse all, Air mode like: (some of collapse and expand icons are also wrong.)

When we expend all, normal performance should like:

When we expend all, Air mode like:

When we just collapse "Members" item, normal performance should like:

When we just collapse "Members" item, Air mode like:

The other collapse and expand manipulations act as above.

2. The switch function among different items can't be afforded on Air mode.

For example, the source html has three different syntax items which named C#, Visual Basic and C++. Html file should display content of selected item only.

(To display clearly, here I collapse all the other items except for Syntax.)

When we select "c#" option, normal performance should like:

When we select "c#" option, Air mode like:

(Since air mode can't afford collapse function, we compare "Syntax" part mainly.

Content of all the three items is displayed.

The selected item can't be highlighted.

When we select "Visual Basic" option, normal performance should like:

When we select "Visual Basic" option, Air mode like:

(Since air mode can't afford collapse function, we compare "Syntax" part mainly.)

When we select "Visual C++" option, normal performance should like:

When we select c# option, Air mode like:

(Since air mode can't afford collapse function, we compare "Syntax" part mainly.)

"Members" switch among "All Members", "Constructors" and "Methods" items is the same as "Syntax".

(To display clearly, here I collapse all the other items except for Members.)

When we select "All Members" option, normal performance should like:

When we select "All Members" option, Air mode like:

(Since air mode can't afford collapse function, we compare "Members" part mainly.)

When we select "Constructors" option, normal performance should like:

When we "Constructors" option, Air mode like:

(Since air mode can't afford collapse function, we compare "Members" part mainly.)

When we select "Fields" option, normal performance should like:

When we "Fields" option, Air mode like:

3. Filter function can't be afforded on Air mode. When we choose different filter conditions, html should display corresponding content depend on the filter options.

For example, the source html has several different check boxes, when we enable or disable different option by check box, html should display different content on display list.

(To display clearly, here I collapse all the other items except for Members.)

When we select "All Members" item and select all the check boxes, normal performance should like:

When we select "All Members" item and select all the check boxes, air mode like:

When we select "All Members" item and unselect check box "public" only, normal performance should like:

When we select "All Members" item and unselect check box "public" only, air mode like:

When we select "All Members" item and unselect check box "static" only, normal performance should like:

When we select "All Members" item and unselect check box "static" only, air mode like:

When we select "Constructors" item and select all the check boxes, normal performance should like:

When we select "Constructors" item and select all the check boxes, air mode like:

When we select "Constructors" item and unselect check box "Instance" only, normal performance should like:

When we select "Constructors" item and unselect check box "Instance" only, air mode like:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's step back a bit. Is the issue is that when a user accesses a topic in the AIR Help the hotspots are expanded rather than being collapsed?

If so, please create a test project and create a topic using RoboHelp rather than importing a topic created in Sandcastle. Does the javascript work if you create AIR Help that way?

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/various_rh_projects/rh_twisty2/index.htm on my site. There you will find a javascript method for twisties and you will see that does not work in AIR Help.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

The issue is not when a user accesses a topic in the AIR Help the hotspots are expanded rather than being collapsed.

The expanded status is the initial status of transformed html file. But the initial expand status of transformed html file is not

exactly same with the correct expand status. There are three syntax item, Visual Basic, C++ and C#, the expand status should display

just one syntax item, but the Air format displays all the three syntax items.

The issue is when I transform html file to another format with RoboHelp, partial css can't work and all the javascript can't work.

My aim format is Adobe Air, but when I tried to transform html to other format such as WebHelp, MicrosoftHTMLHelp which also

supported by RoboHelp, the generated output file just performance as Air format. These collapse, expand, switch among different

items can't work once I do transformation work with RoboHelp.

As you mentioned, does you mean javascript cann't be supported by Air ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first post you show the first image as being all hotspots collapsed and describe that as Normal Collapse and then you show all the hotspots expanded and describe that as Wrong Collapse. After that you show a third image as Normal Expand with all hotspots expanded and then Wrong Expand seems to be the same except for one hotspot.

You now say that instead of the topic opening with one hotspot expanded and two collapsed, it opens with all three expanded so I'm not sure I understand yet.

However it seems to me that either the javascript is just plain not working in RoboHelp or it is not working within AIR Help. To test that, generate a WebHelp output to see if it works in that format.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

On Air format, all the dynamic performance can't work, and dynamic function should be supported by javascript. So I conclude Air format can't support

Javascript. After transformation by RoboHelp, the source html file will be modified a lot like adding much information and changing the format. I was not sure

if there was something wrong about the modification by RoboHelp. And now, refer to your experiment on your website, I think I can make the conclusion that

Air format cann't afford javascript. Do you agree with me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure what you mean by the experiment on my site but I cannot go as far as saying AIR Help does not support javascript. That would require extensive testing by people with more knowledge of javascript than I have. All I can say is that I have tested some javascript methods and found they did not work.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp