Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small Icon in Button Properties Tab Disappered

New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a very peculiar issue: The small file folder icon that should be located in the "Button" properties tab next to the button type drop down box-image button selection disappeared. I need this icon to browse for my newly created button. How can I widen this tab to allow me to see this icon? Also when I use the button widget, it shows "widget" in the completed button as well as my text.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Elke

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum

You could try some work flows: choose another workspace than the one you are using? Try to make the Properties panel floating by dragging it out from the right docking station, then you can change its dimensions.

As for the button widget: I blogged about it lately. You have to change its properties.

Use button widget

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilibiri,

I have detached  the tab and I can make it longer but not wider. When I open another project, the file folder is somewhat visible but disappears at times as well. Very myusterious

Elke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elke,

Did you try to Reset the current workspace or another workspace? Can you change your screen resolution, which resolution do you use?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilibri,

I created a new project and the icon appeared again. I think the reason why it is disappearing is that because I have uploaded a large custom button, the button preview window is enlarging and moving the right edge beyond the visible space. The tab itself can only be enlarged vertically, not horizontally. Is it possible to remove some of the buttons out of the this preview field if they are in use in the project? My theory is that this would allow the field and make the icon visible again.

Elkecp5 issue.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2011 Jul 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Was the problem rectified at all, or was you able to sort the issue out yourself?

I have exactly the same issue currently, I am using Captivate 5 on a mac! Can anyone out there help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Open a new FINDER window and go to following location -

" <Username>/Library/Preferences/ " and look for a folder "Adobe Captivate 5".

Rename this folder and launch Captivate once again. Now check if you can see the button.

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mukul,

I've looked in my finder window > Library > Preferences but there doesn't appear to be a folder titled 'Adobe Captivate 5'.

I can however find the folder in my applications but wasn't sure if renaming this one instead would cause major issues?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact same problem. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources