Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Letter by Letter Animation in a Title

Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the letters in a title to display accross the screen one letter at a time.  For instance, if I wanted to display, "Football Game", It would seem as though you were watching someone type F-o-o-t-b-a-l-l...instead of Football being displayed all at once.  Whenever anyone types, the letters appear on the scree one letter at a time.  That's the effect that I want to achieve.  I'm wondering if Premiere Pro has thast capability.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This called the typewriter effect. Alas not in Premiere. However it is in AE.

Alternative is to use the crop effect or a wipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what Ann said, using the Crop effect (my choice, since it's CUDA accelerated) or the Linear Wipe transition effect with Hold keyframes would make this fairly easy. Hold keyframes don't "tween" or animate between consecutive instances of them, so you get an abrupt transition from one to the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good but what is the "Crop" effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2011 Nov 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If what you want is an actual "typewriter" effect, along with the above Crop, or Linear Wipe Effect, you would want to choose a typewriter font, and perhaps add an SFX file, of a typewriter key hitting paper, or say a Selectric ball hitting the paper. The font and SFX can go a very long way to carrying the impression that a typewriter was used to create the image on-screen.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines