Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter: working from different computers transferring files

Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe presenter. I need to work from home, so have copied my powerpoint and all its associated adobe presenter audio files from one location to another. I used to be able to do this without problems. However, it seems I'm no longer able to do it: I open powerpoint and go to the adobe presenter toolbar and try to record more audio and clearly the system shows no audio is associated with this file. Getting out of adobe presenter makes the system delete the folder with associated audio files (it seems it is not linking them properly, but still recognising them as adobe presenter audio files and deleting them as if to start recording from scratch).

Can anyone help? how can I work on the same files from different computers without losing the data (or the links) in between? 

Regards,

Gabriel

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have discovered that you CANNOT move the files or the linkage breaks!

So, you need to keep the folder structure in place. Use a Zipped file to do what you are trying to do. It might be easier in this case to use a USB drive and just save to that from each location...that way you are not moving the files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So long as you keep the PPT(X) file and the folder with the same name together, you should be able to transfer the project from one computer to another. You can zip it as Heyward suggests, but just be sure that the PPT and folder are located together on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to get this to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

One way to achieve this easily is by using DropBox. This will create a folder that you sync to the cloud. Then you create a Dropbox on the second computer and whatever you change and save is automatically updated and transferred to the other computer keeping them in sync. Works really well.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ever since i have upgraded to 7.0.7 i can no longer do this as well. There is an issue with "saving" files and going from one laptop to another, your best bet is to copy paste both file and folder and bypass the save as option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources