• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hhactivex.dlll error 80070002

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2006 Sep 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shipping an application that uses HTML help and hhactivex.dll.

On installation the app unzips hhactivex.dll into its program directory (not the windows system folder). It then shells out to call regsvr32 to silently unregister hhactivex.dll (just in case this is an upgrade). It then shells out to regsvr32 to silently register hhactivex.dll

Occasionally, we get an error dialog with "hhactivex.dll" inthe title bar and the message "Error : 80070002". When the dialog is dismissed, installation proceeds and help works correctly.

This error message, though harmless, is very worrying to users. But it's intermittent and so hard to track down. I thought it might be something to do with the chm file being installed into a different folder to the bin directory that hhactivex goes in. But why should the message only appear sometimes?

Does anyone have any thoughts on thios? Has anyone seen this message before?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2006 Sep 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Forum.

I think you will find this a generic message to do with the registry.

"80070002 - The system cannot find the file specified."

What I believe is happening, based on your post, is that in some cases, depending on the speed of the machine, the unregister/register of the file is not quick enough to complete before the file is looked for. By the time you have dismissed the dialogue, the file has been properly registered and the installation completes normally.

This happens in many applications. If you Google search on the error, you will see hundreds of entries relating to this message across all applications.

Sorry, I don't know of a way of stopping it completely, but as you say it is harmless.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2006 Sep 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian

Thanks for your help.

I'll try putting a second's delay between unregistering and registering. It may fix it - though it's hard to tell given the problem is intermittent.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you want to put the delay after the registration to stop the process looking for the file before registration is complete.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you want to put the delay after the registration to stop the process looking for the file before registration is complete.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Will do.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp