Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E-ADEPT-REQUEST-EXPIRED

May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean. I was able to download a book last week and now I get this error. Does it have anything to do with the latest Firefox version?

Yep it was the computer date/time that was not correct. Once that was corrected everything worked perfectly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403936.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. My clock time and date are correct, and I am still having issues authorizing my computer. I opened up a webcase, but that was useless. What else should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have said before, it's not just your computer's time, time zone and

date. Your ereader has to be in sync also. Make sure that your ereader's

time, time zone (if any) and date are the same as your computer's.

===================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2011 Jun 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have my ereader yet (it is on the way), and I still cannot activate ADE. How else can I troubleshoot this error message? I have checked the time/date/timezone, uninstalled/re-installed, and from multiple servers.

Please advise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2011 Nov 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I hope this is helpful.

I had the same problem but turns out that even tho my time was right, the time zone wasnt. I live in WA and I had mountain time zone because when I was in pacifc(the actually time zone for WA) the time was wrong. So I had to change it and add an hour.

Sorry Im not good with this tech stuff but I hope you get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem and have reset my computer and reader time/zone/date to match but still getting the error message. Feeling totally helpless, what a mess! Am thinking of uninstalling Digital Editions and trying to start all over again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting this problem. I have reset my computer and my e-reader, still no joy. Surely there is a computer wizard out there that can sort this in seconds???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am frustrated too! I have tried all of the suggestions on theis thread, including several more. I have both the ebook and the computer synced and with the right time and date. Nothing works. I can't do anything with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bunn: Do you get the error messsage above (E-ADEPT-REQUEST-EXPIRED), or some other syptoms of error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get Activation server error

code: E_Adept_Request_Expired

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bunn

I'll try to help.

Which city and country do you live in right now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaithersburg ,MD

I tried the suggestion of going to the link and putting in city etc...

I'd appreciate it any help!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I did on my PC.

Set the time using the "Automatically synchronize with Internet time server"

Apply

Still saw the error

Redownloaded the ebook

- Nilanjan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with a macs after trying all, set the time to "Set date and time automaticlly" and it works . . . Adobe needs to state this requirement in their instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I think I found a solution. 

I use windows, so this doesn't really apply to mac users.

Go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=250, and enter the name of your city, then you'll find the correct time zone in this format:

Standard time zone:UTC/GMT -5 hours

Since I'm in Toronto, my UTC is -5 hours. Go into your calender/date and change your time zone to the UTC which you looked up. NOTE! Your time will change, let it. Now, your time is in the right time zone, but the time is not correct. You need to change the TIME, NOT the time zone. After setting your computer to the correct time and time zone, you should have no problems authorizing your computer.

Hope this helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally got it right thanks to you!

I dont know if it would work for others, but in my case, my time zone was correct but the time itself was wrong because there was a daylight adjustment that wasn't considered on the time zone .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunn,

since you live in Maryland, which only has 1 timezone which is -5GMT/UTC, I made a step by step guide for you to follow.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/1zq7m04.jpg

I followed all those steps, and my error fixed. If you still have that error, then I have no idea what's causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you very much! I had tried that but apparently skipped a step. Then, for some reason, when I turned the computer off, I'd get a different time. This happened about three times. This is my first experience with Windows 8 but still I'm not exactly new to computers. Anyway, thanks so much for the time you put in. Now I can Nook again and thee will be peace in the house!

Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:37:53 -0800

To: gailsblueheaven@hotmail.com

Subject: E-ADEPT-REQUEST-EXPIRED

Re: E-ADEPT-REQUEST-EXPIRED

created by jl.bcgp in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Bunn,

Bunn, since you live in Maryland, which only has 1 timezone which is -5GMT/UTC, I made a step by step guide for you to follow.

http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7m04/5

I followed all those steps, and my error fixed. If you still have that error, then I have no idea what's causing it.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5917708#5917708

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I changed the clock I noticed it was set to the improper UTC. After changing it, I had to then re-sync the clock under the internet tab and apply. Then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most probably you downloaded the ADE epub (.ascm ) book and the earlier download remains in your downloads folder. ADE sees these earlier downloads and is confused as they are all out of time syn with its program.

The solution is simple first, find all downloaded copies (you may have several) and delete them.

Next re-download a fresh copyof your book and ADE will find it and open it.

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! All date/time settings were correct, but I downloaded the .ascm file prior to installing ADE. I deleted and redownloaded the .ascm file, now it works just fine. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines