• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error prevents TOC from being displayed on IE8

Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using RH 9.0.1 and IE 8.0.7. When I compile a help project in webhelp format, the TOC is not displayed in the output result. A yellow error icon is displayed in the lower left corner of the browser window with the following information:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:32:35 UTC

Line: 344
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/Documentation/Help/xxx/xxx/!SSL!/WebHelp/whphost.js

Line: 171
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/Documentation/Help/xxx/xxx/!SSL!/WebHelp/whphost.js

The same occurs in Google Chrome. Does anybody know how this could be fixed?

Thank you in advance,

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Hi,

You can try the XP one too. Just make sure both versions of Robo have the exact same version.

The file is located in your RoboHelp install directory, and then RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock

On the Win7 machnine, first make a backup of whphost.js before pasting the new one.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is only the TOC not working, or is the search, index etc not working either? You WebHelp is placed locally, so it won't work in Chrome. See snippet 130 on Peter's site: http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm to view your local help in Chrome.

Are you using Chrome Frame in Internet Explorer? Does your output work in FireFox?

Can you post a screen shot of what is happening? Use the camera icon on the forum to add your image.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wiliam,

Thank you for your reply.

You are right, the search and index are not working either. I knew about the Chrome issue when opened locally. If I follow the instructions on the website you mentioned, the webhelp will show the contents, but not the TOC, and the Index and Search do not work either. The same problem occurs on Firefox 3.6.3. I am not using Chrome Frame in Internet Explorer.

Basically, what I get is a blank TOC, a blank Index and the Search does not work. When I click on the "Error on page" yellow icon I get the error message I posted above. Any suggestions?

I've used RH 7 before and I never had this issue.

Tony

Error1_IE.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried creating a new project from scratch with a couple of books and index entries, but the TOC and Index are blank in the webhelp output and the search does not work. The problem is still there on all browsers. I am at a loss and I don't really know what else I could try. Does anyone have any suggestions?

RH_error2.gif

Thank you

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try one of the supplied sample projects.RoboHelp.

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried what you said but I still get the same error as you can see...

RH_error3.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your seed file got corrupted somehow. Do you have another pc with RoboHelp installed? Try generating a RoboHelp project on another pc.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not tried that yet.I will try that too. I tried reinstalling Robohelp, but it did not solve the problem. I wonder if uninstalling the whole suite (I am using Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3) and installing again will fix it.I really need it to work on this particular computer (Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit) and I am running out of ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Please try a different computer first. We then know whether the problem is with your pc or whether something else is going wrong.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just found out it does work correctly on a Windows XP machine. I guess I will have to uninstall the whole suite from the Windows 7 machine, install again and keep my fingers crossed... I cannot think of any other solutions. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by that? Does the output work when you generate on XP or does one and the same output work on XP but not on Windows 7?

If the project works on a Windows XP, what happens if you view the output on Windows 7? If it's only the whphost.js that's corrupted, I can send you a correct whphost.js you can put in your seed folder. That way you won't have to reinstall the entire suite.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello William,

The output I generated on the Windows XP machine works correctly both on the XP and on Windows 7 so the problem is just with the projects generated on the Windows 7 machine. I would appreciate it if you could send me a correct whphost.js...or maybe I can use the one on the XP machine?? I hope I won't have to install again if I replace the file.

Thanks

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can try the XP one too. Just make sure both versions of Robo have the exact same version.

The file is located in your RoboHelp install directory, and then RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock

On the Win7 machnine, first make a backup of whphost.js before pasting the new one.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

The problem was finally solved. As you said, whphost.js was corrupted and the problem was solved by replacing this file with a correct version, which I obtained from the installation on the XP machine.

Thanks for your help

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp