• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are "Dependencies" for Custom Toolbar Items in RoboHelp 9 WebHelp?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a custom WebHelp toolbar button, and noticed "Dependencies" on the Advanced tab of the Custom Toolbar Item dialog.  Does anyone know what "Dependencies" are?  In RoboHelp's online help for Skins, I found "add or remove dependent files for the custom toolbar item when using the multi-author feature" along with some vague information about dependent files.

What I want to do is create a button that looks like a tab for "Overview", "Steps", and "Reference" so that when a user is on a "Steps" topic such as "How to do this", they can click the Reference button which will go to the relevant topic for that section.  I've got a feeling I'd have to write some javascript which I don't know how to do.  (This is for FrameMaker DITA XML published to RoboHelp with Technical Communication Suite 3.5.)

I'm using the "Omega" WebHelp skin for the tab design.

Thanks.

Gina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I believe it works like this. Suppose you are adding a toolbar item that opens a PDF. But the PDF isn't part of the project. So instead of adding to Baggage and sorting the path, you add it into the Dependencies area.

I'm thinking that in order to create a button that operates differently depending on which topic is being presented in the topic pane, it will be quite a feat indeed. While I'm sure such a button would be more elegant in the main toolbar, I'd be inclined to say it will work more easily by inserting only into the affected topics.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp