Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

book is blank

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Downloaded an .epub to the pc (bought it off itunes)

Tried to open in Adobe Digital editions and it just loads blank.  all chapters show up on preview pane but it is all white.

the program runs fine.

I'm running a aspire5741 Notebook

intel core i3-35m

intel hd graphics

2gb memory ddr3

500gb hdd

please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem. Downloaded for a trial, a free book from Kobo. It works fine in Kobo Desktop. But when I tried to add it to ADE, only the table of contents displays - no cover and all pages are blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Books purchased with Apple's DRM are only viewable using iBooks - which right now is only available on the iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, etc...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the free book I downloaded was  from Kobo, not iTunes. Original poster said is was an epub file (would that have DRM?) Symptoms are same in both cases. ADE is able to access Table of Contents, but nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a simliar problem.  IIRC Kobo has their own DRM that they use internally, but you if you download from their website, you will get an ADE compatible book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim said: "Kobo has their own DRM that they use internally, but you if you download from their website, you will get an ADE compatible book."

That's what I thought, but as I said before, ADE  only displays the TOC, nothing else but a series of blank pages.  But I can read the book on Kobo Desktop, indicating the file is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines