3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2011 1:32 PM by mrmorgan_chs RSS

Mac OS 10.7.2 and Photoshop CS4 11.0.2

mrmorgan_chs

New to forums, please help if you can.

I have an Apple networked user that is getting the following error when trying to launch Photoshop CS4. Other users can successfully launch Photoshop and error occurs on all networked iMacs for the 'problem' user.

We have tried to solve the problem by reseting preferences, but this did not correct the problem.

Thanks in advance!

David

Error message at launch of Photoshop:

"Could not initialize Photoshop because the file is locked. Use the Get Infor command in the Finder to unlock the file."

I right-clicked the PS icon and chose Get Info. However, the Locked checkbox is not checked (so it is already unlocked).filelockedmessage.jpg

• 1. Re: Mac OS 10.7.2 and Photoshop CS4 11.0.2
          Keli Douglas

It sounds like you are saying a different user can log into the same iMac and get Photoshop to open, is that correct? If that is the case something must be off on the user's profile. Check the Network Account Settings.

• 2. Re: Mac OS 10.7.2 and Photoshop CS4 11.0.2
            mrmorgan_chs Community Member

Yes, another user can login and launch Photoshop without a problem. When the 'problem' user logs into another computer, than he gets the same problems launching Photoshop. So, I know it is tied to the network user. What I am unsure of is how do I reset the user rights/priviledges? From a hardware standpoint, I can run disc utility and repair permissions etc. but do not know how to troubleshoot problems associated with one particular user.

• 3. Re: Mac OS 10.7.2 and Photoshop CS4 11.0.2
              mrmorgan_chs Community Member

Okay, I found a solution. Since it was just tied to the one network user, I knew it had to be one of the "support" files created in the User's ~/Library Folder. So, I did a little trial and error (after confirming it was indeed just Photoshop and none of the other CS4 suite apps.

Anyway, I deleted the ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS4 Settings Folder. Then, when launching Photoshop this gets re-created.

So, all is well!