• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hours & hours of " failed to initialize" after many steps

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows xp/ 32 bit/ internet explorer 9 I have tried many things to install the latest adobe( 11) and always get "failed to initialize. I have been at this for 8 hours and heres some of the steps I have tried

disabling antivirus & firewall

lowered security settings to medium and low including under trusted sites and internet

used the uninstall link, rebooted, tried reinstalling

saved to desktop then enabled or added through the DEF, rebooted to save DEF changes, tried to install

made sure clock was updated/synced with internet

made sure updates are up to date

rebooted rebooted rebooted in between all above steps

gone through all the steps of troubleshooting through adobe website troubleshooting

looked in manage add on. there was no flash player or shock player  in the list

searched in all my files for any hidden adobe files

looked in the add/remove hardware for any thing that might be old adobe flash player.nothing was there used the uninstall link anyway

made sure all of the " enable active x boxes were all checked in the security settings

I tried saving to a disc, it wouldnt let me.. idk why but my computer would shut down every time i treid this ( to the blue page warning)

I really have been at this for days and HOURs.. I truly am at a loss

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gigifrey wrote:

I tried saving to a disc, it wouldnt let me..

How so - do you get an error message?  Even from the link(s) in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 ?

gigifrey wrote:

idk why but my computer would shut down every time i treid this ( to the blue page warning)

You get a BSOD when trying to install Flash Player?  Please provide more information, i.e. the error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Internet Explorer do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines