• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 9 - question from beginner (perhaps SLOW beginner)

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP.

I have just started with a trial version of Robohelp 9.  I have created a project.  I used WebHelp as my SSL. I do not know how to upload (publish?) to a web site.

Note I do not have the server version.  I have access to a  web site and want to copy the relevant files to the website (I don't  even know which are the 'relevant' files).

There must be simple way to do this, but I do not see it explained.

Thanks.

ja

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Have you ever copied anything to a web site before? If not, this is a whole process you should first understand before dealing with RoboHelp.

If you have, you need to copy all the files in the RoboHelp output folder to the web site.

Give us more information and we will try to help.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. You prodded me into checking out FTP more closely. Frankly I thought there must be a RoboHelp function that would do the transfer for me.

I have used FTP several times.

I set up an FTP and ran it.  The entire RoboHelp output folder was uploaded.

What I ended up with did not have those files in place in a displayable form.  I am wondering if I needed to set up a "target" area in the website.

(I used a free website that I set up in freehostingcloud.com.  Perhaps it is limited.)

ANY ANSWERS appreciated. 

j arute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

So the question is, did you set up FTP using something like FileZilla? Or did you configure FTP in the Publishing area of RoboHelp?

If you are using a third party FTP such as FileZilla, you may have copied the entire project to the server. Generally speaking, you edit content in RoboHelp, then kick off a process of "Generating" output. That generated output is what gets transferred to the server.

By using the RoboHelp Publishing area, you only copy the content needed. If you used something like FileZilla, you may have copied all the conent including the source files. And those aren't useful on the server.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp does have a Publish option but I found, with the assistance of my web hosting company, that I needed to put an extra folder in the path when publishing from RoboHelp. That is because of the way the hosting company have things set up and I couldn't explain it. However by adding this extra folder that FTP programs do not require, RoboHelp's own Publish works fine and can be set to only upload what has changed. If you use FTP that is more difficult.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much, Rick and Peter.  I still have not gotten it to work quite right.

I did an FTP upload that appeared to be successful.  I still could not get to my files.

Then I took your advice, Peter, and tried using Robohelp Publish.  I thought I had everything set up properly.  I used FTP for the connection protocol and I entered the host name and my userid and password.  For some reason, it did not like the password.  I am pretty certain I did not mispell it.  I tried it several times.

I have been using free webspace on freehostingcloud.com.  They gave me all kinds of specs, including FTP hostname and FTP username and password.

Perhaps I am using the wrong user and password from Robohelp???

JA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having trouble uploading a directory (folder) from Robohelp.

The best I can do is go to the website and pull one file at a time through some file manager tool the site has.

I tried FileZiilla and it didn't work for me.

Any advice is appreciated.

JA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp