• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player keeps timing out at 12 secs during download.

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download and install version 11. but it constantly times out at 12 secs. Removed the old player as suggested, turned off kaspersky A/V and Firewall, still times out

I have been to a number of forums and tried the fixes suggested with no luck. I also followed a link to a direct download which appeared to work but still cant play anything on youtube or facebook.

Can anyone help please

Joecoupe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using and what is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.  I bought a new computer that had flash 10 active x on it and couldn't get most sites (like youtube) to work & they all said upgrade flash.  so i download flash 11.1.102.55, click on install then run. But when it installs it stops at exactly 12% and gives me a "download timeout" message.

I have an HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC using Windows 7.  I've tried it multiple times on both Firefox 8.01 and IE9 w/o success.  I did the things it told me to on troubleshooting (disable antivirus and uninstall prev versions) but still get same result.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think the problem may be solved.  I went to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 that someone in another thread suggested and downloaded the alternate plugin for IE and non-IE (I did both).  Then went to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and got the message that I have flash 11...

Capture.PNG

I went to youtube in both browsers and now it works.  I haven't gone to other sites but it looks like the alternate worked.  Thanks to the guys who posted those links.  Still I'm unsure why my original flash version wouldn't work and don't know why me & the other guy get the same problem with adobe's main download page, but glad it's finally fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally after 3 nights of trying i have managed to successfully download and install the program.

The way i did it was to re download and run the uninstall program from the main adobe page, then using the advice from another thread i did the following:

open C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MACROMED\FLASH

I then deleted the flash folder, went to in control panel-programs & add ons  to ensure there were no flash programs left in the system.

Then reinstalled flash from the main adobe site.

If it says download successful but still won't run, ensure activeX filtering is not checked by opening the tools tab. if checked you should uncheck. With a bit of luck it should work.

My system is Vista, IE9 32 bit

Hope this helps

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines