Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant install flash player for firefox and steam

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

as i stated in the topic i cant seem to install flashplayer for those 2.

just to give you all a general information i have a core i5 760 cpu on asus p7p55d-e pro motherboard with 4gb of memory and gtx 480 as my system. when i used internet explorer flash was working properly it also works properly in google chrome but it doesnt play movies in steam client leaving a message in the middle that i need the latest version and i cant seem to install firefox plugin anyway too it redirects me to do it manualy and thats where problems start.

when i go to flash website from ie or chrome it shows i have the latest version available installed but it doestn work with steam and firefox.

what i noticed is when i download the latest version of flashplayer installer for windows 7 64bit either for ie or for other browsers and try to install it including running it as administrator the installer doesnt do anything that leads to install . what i have noticed is after i confirm in windows that i want to install it i get this little circle as my cursor for about 1 min randomly showing up and turning into normal pointer on top of that when i turned on task manager to see why is that happening i noticed that flash installer starts in services  tab one two or even three times at a time and closes itself to do it again one or 2 and one again. also noticed it showes few coppies of flash installer that appear in that time in my temp directory on disc C with weird names like quote:

"install_flashplayer11x64ax_aih_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1"

all in all im not so much bothered about firefox as i dont use it anymore but i wish i could install flash for steam

does anyone knows solution to my little problem ?

p.s i tried ussing that flash installer in windows safe mode with no positive result.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the proper installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines