• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DHTML drop-downs within DHTML drop-downs

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my RH 7 HTML Help project, I have a number of procedures. They had huge scrolling monster topics, and some of the users know how to do some of it already but not other parts, so weI found a good solution. WeI thought.

I have a bulleted list of tasks, and each is a DHTML drop-down with a set of numbered steps and screenshots. Works great. Then within the DHTML drop-down there are some links that open DHTML expanded in-line text or text-only DHTML drop-downs. This second level nesting is giving me problem. The links in the second level don't work. When I double-click them within the RoboHelp tool, they work fine. When the project is generated or when use the preview feature, they don't.

Is there a way I can make this second level work predictably?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are your problems with nested expandspots or nested dropdowns? AFAIK, nested drop downs will work, but nested expandspots may throw script errors in the browser. Do you receive an error message?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking back, you're right. The ones that don't work at all seem to be nested expandspots, and that seems consistent.

On regular dropdowns, I sometimes (but not always) get the following error message:

Error: 'style.pixelLeft' is null or not an object

Code: 0

and it's accompanied by Line and Character numbers and the URL of a local file  /ehlpdhtm.js

I don't know what to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nothing to do about the nested expandspots. You'll have to remove them when they don't work.

When do you get the error message for the dropdowns? When you hover the dropdowns? The file ehlpdhtm.js is the file that holds functions for the DHTML effects. Which line is the error referring to?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We decided to restructure a bit and make one level of the drop-downs into pop-ups instead. So the one layer of drop-downs is now in the popups as a single layer and all works fine. Thanks, William!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William, the error says:

Line 2644

Char: 3

Error: "style.pixelLeft' is null or not an object

Code: 0

I went to the file and located the line. It reads as below, in context:

2640     {//retrieve the x coordinate of a posionable object

2641          if( gbBsNS4)

2642                   return obj.top;

2643          else

2644                   return obj.style.pixelLeft;

2645     }

It is somehow causing illustration links to break or something like that. I get the error when I use the viewer and first open the topic.

Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

How is this problem related to the problem you described earlier? I don't get the context.

You can try to change

return obj.style.pixelLeft;

with

return obj.offsetLeft;

Perhaps that solves the error.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp