Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 - Runtime error when publishing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all -

Of course I have a go live tomorrow night, and when I tried to publish changes tonight, I am getting a runtime error -

robo crash.png

I've never had this problem before. I have tried rebooting, didn't help. I closed all open apps, no help. I have not made any changes to Robo, well - obviously if I'm using 7.0. I pushed changes as recently as 3 days ago without any issue.

I looked at some other threads, don't see anything that seems to point to a problem. When I get the error message, it closes immediately, which prevents me from viewing the debug info. I checked the Dr Watson log file, but it is not populated, so no help there.

Anyone experience this before? I'm running Windows XP Professional, SP3, i7 CPU, M620 @ 2.67GHz

Ready to tear my hair out...

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

There are a number of threads on this problem, I hope one helps. Here are two examples.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2293027#2293027

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2363398#2363398

For more enter Runtime Error in the search and in the results you can limit the answers by typing in RoboHelp. As this is an application problem, it could be the cause is addressed in other forums though.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of threads on this problem, I hope one helps. Here are two examples.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2293027#2293027

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2363398#2363398

For more enter Runtime Error in the search and in the results you can limit the answers by typing in RoboHelp. As this is an application problem, it could be the cause is addressed in other forums though.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter -

You really are a wonderful guy, I hope you know that. Adobe should be paying you a consulting fee.

I went into add / remove programs, and it turned out I received an SMS package with a Windows update patch. Removing that allowed me to publish, which is great, since go live starts in 8 hours and I didn't have time to try and figure out how to clean up stuff manually. That would have been ugly (lots of changes).

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Anahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the kind words.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp