• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash playback problems

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue when playing back the flash file. The first slide of my movie is a topics slide that allows you to jump to various slides within the movie. My movie is about 160 slides and the flash file is about 2.2MB. As I try to jump further into the movie, the load time increases basically halting, Eventually giving me the following error:

"A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 8 to run slowly, If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script" and gives yes/no options.

Could anyone help give some insight as to why this is happening.

Thanks
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Sever9470,
Without knowing the physical size (in pixels) of the movie, nor any information regarding size, formatting, quantity and type of objects it contains, I'll just take a wild guess that - at 160 slides - the only way this movie is going to run smoothly is if you preload 100% of it. In other words, your Captivate SWF is too large.

That said, it is possible there are other issues as well, but as I suggested earlier, we really don't have enough information to do more than speculate. Because of the warning regarding Flash or Flash scripts (have you inserted SWF animations containing action-scripting - and if so, is the action-script written for version 1.0 (suppported) and not version 2.0 (not supported)??

To summarize:
1) Preload the entire movie (the preloader "defaultpreloader.FLA" can be modified in Flash and is located at):
. C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Captivate\Gallery\Preloaders
Change the default "60%" to "100%" to preload one-hundred percent before play begins.

2) Make your movies shorter - as a general rule 160 slides is four (4) times the recommended number.

3) Check for inserted SWF files that might contain AS 2.0 (or 3.0) because only action-script 1.0 is supported in Captivate.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Captivate User (peer-to-peer) Community, "Sever9470".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources