• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements - Problems getting passed the Additional Info screen

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10 because I wanna give it a try before I purchase it. I have an Adobe username and ID and when I enter it at the main screen it takes me to a pop up called "your account". This screen reads, "We've successfully identified your Adobe ID account and you're just a few steps away from fee benefits. Please complete the following information." Then it askes for my DOB, to enter a personal URL and two checkboxes for Privacy Policies and Terms of Use.

Through the entire process the Update Account button at the bottom is grayed out. I input all the data requested and the button never lights up. I cannot submit my data because the button stays grayed out.

Any ideas?

adobe.jpg.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Jeff has asked whether everyone is able to log into Adobe.com. This Additional Info screen has established that and Adobe.com account has been found. However, what it is now trying to do is create a Photoshop.com account. Has anyone tried logging into Photoshop.com and verifying the process there? If you are able to successfully complete the login process for Photoshop.com, then you should be able to bypass this Additional Info screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just down loaded the same program and I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you using?  Do you have any type of a software firewall enabled which might be preventing the software from communicating with the internet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem and I PURCHASED the software.  I am running 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate.  I have turned off all of my virus software and no firewall is running.  I exited the program and restarted.  Still cannot get past this screen because the Update Account button is greyed out and does not respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CharlesWinchester are you able to log in successfully to your account at Adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can log in with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention that I tried to create a new account with a different

email address from within Premier Elements but the create account button

was also greyed out and unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff has asked whether everyone is able to log into Adobe.com. This Additional Info screen has established that and Adobe.com account has been found. However, what it is now trying to do is create a Photoshop.com account. Has anyone tried logging into Photoshop.com and verifying the process there? If you are able to successfully complete the login process for Photoshop.com, then you should be able to bypass this Additional Info screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to photoshop.com and logged in with my email address and password.  I was then prompted to create an ID.  After I created the ID I was able to log in without any problems through the sign in inside of Premier Elements 10.  Looks like everything is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent great to hear that logging into Photoshop.com and setting up your account resolved the difficulties!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue, but for me  "update Account" is enabled . Onclick of Update account I get error message 'Failure - An error occured, and your changes are not saved"

I tried to login to photoshop.com, but it says I cannot create account when I try to sign in.

Had a chat with customer support , told me to call photoshop support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anish, creating accounts on Photoshop.com has been closed. If you do not already have an account, you will get errors if you try to. See the following:

FAQ: Is it no longer possible to create a Photoshop.com Account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Brett,

This means I cannot use Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Premiere Elements 10.

In Adobe Premiere Elements , when I try to add  titles etc, the application popups login screen  and on succesfull login I get  this message  to update my account

"We've successfully identified your Adobe ID account" with screen to update my birthdate or blog url. I think at this point behind the scene  the app tries to create photoshop account and returns with error.

Any workaround?

Also I don't know how to reply to the link you sent me about  FAQ on photoshop account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logging into an account should only be required if you are trying to use on of the Plus only titles, templates, themes, etc. These require a Plus membership (which required paying a yearly subscription fee, but is no longer offered). If you are selecting items that include the gold banner across the thumbnail, you will be asked to log in to prove you have paid for access to them. Otherwise, logging into your account (if you have one) is entirely optional and not required for normal use of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett,

It doesn't matter  plus or gold. The login screen should allow me to login, because it says login to enjoy free benifits and it is annoying when it pops up everytime time I try to do something , event when I try to do webshare

I got this Adobe Photoshop preloaded with Dell desktop(Inspiron 660 Desktop), So this is OEM software I am using.

I think it is clearly bug  in the software and  I  think I am not getting any solution here.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Logging in should always be voluntary and only required when trying to take advantage of those "free benefits". However, those benefits have been discontinued, which means that there is no reason to log into an account if you don't already have one. So if you are not using any of the gold banner items you should just cancel any attempts to sign in.

If you are not selecting any gold banner items, could you post screen shots of what you are seeing exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anish - Please goto www.adoberevel.com/

This should be the answer to your query and problems

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nitin, I am able to login to adoberevel with my adobe account, but the issue is within  photoshop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines