• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displayed title in output is not correct -- where is it coming from?

Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9, RH Server 9, IE8, WebHelp Pro

In Project Settings > Project Title we have the label we want the users to see in the WebHelp output browser title bar.

However, in the browser the displayed title in the top browser bar is different from what we have in the Project Settings > Project Title. How do we change this?

The Project Title in Project Settings > Project Title is Myproject

In the server output, the browser bar shows:

http://Myproject-test/robohelp/robo/server/general/projects/Myproject/Temp_Project_for_Myproject.htm

At one time we had the project named "{Temp_Project_for_Myproject" but we have changed it and we can't get rid of the old name in the output.

Any ideas?

--

Mike West

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Hi there

Wading into some unfamiliar waters here. I seem to recall that for WebHelp Pro, you have a Window definition. Have you tried looking there?

View > Pods > Project Set-up. Expand the Windows category and double-click the Window definition you should see there.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does changing the Project Name in the dialogs where you generate the help affect what displays.

If not, hopefully one of the WebHelp Pro users will step in.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Wading into some unfamiliar waters here. I seem to recall that for WebHelp Pro, you have a Window definition. Have you tried looking there?

View > Pods > Project Set-up. Expand the Windows category and double-click the Window definition you should see there.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Rick is quite right. (he's just quicker at posting than me!) I tested on WebHelp Pro and what he shows is reliable. Just make sure you select the Custom "Window Name" from the Default Window dropdown on the WebHelp Pro Options dialog when generating and publishing.

WebHelp Pro-WindowDef.jpg

Also be careful not to confuse the Project Name field (top of screenshot) with what should appear in the Title Bar (This threw me too!) That can have an unintended consequence of actually publishing your project to the server twice because the Project Name has changed!

I admit, this is not at all intuitive because regular WebHelp (not Pro) behaves quite differently. It used to be that what appeared in the browser title bar was defined in the File > Project Settings > Project Title. Now, in RoboHelp 9 it is WebHelp Settings > Title Bar. So the fact that this changes yet again for the Pro flavor is admittedly confusing. I will raise this with the Adobe team and see if this can be sorted out in a more consistent way in the next release.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, but in a way I am sorry to hear this because I have not been able to resolve the issue we discussed last week regarding the new custom window that does not take effect. So this is apparently connected to that. Still working on it.

I wonder if anyone knows of a specific project file that I can manually edit to correct whatever the issue is.

Mike West

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH HTML 8, Im facing the same problem in my WebHelp Pro and WeHelp output formats. I have renamed the Project Title from the Project Settings dialog box and changed the Window Caption.

In the HTML output, the tab name got changed. However, the HTML link didn’t change. For example, HTML link displays: \ABC_onlinehelp.htm
Where, I want it to look like: \ABC_User_Guide.htm

Please let me know how to change the HTML output file name.

Else, I have to create a project from the scratch by importing the HTML files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

Your suggestion worked well for all output format except the WebHelp Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you using RoboHelp Server and publishing content to it? If not, you don't care!

If so, someone more versed in that particular dark art will have to help. I don't use it and can't say what you need to do.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tosujoy.

Following up on Rick's comment with regard to WebHelp Pro. Are you using Adobe RoboHelp Server? If so, which version?

Again, as Rick said, if you are not using RoboHelp Server, WebHelp Pro is not a proper option in the first place.

Unlike plain WebHelp where you can "View Results" locally, WebHelp Pro requires that you actually publish the project and view it from a RoboHelp Server installation to get a 100% true sense of what it will look like.

John Daigle

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick & John, I appreciate both of your assitance.

Im not using RoboHelp Server. I understand the technical req. for WebHelp Pro. Now, Im switching to WebHelp or FlashHelp output for my current project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp