Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the order of the navigation bar

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using robohelp 8. I am trying to change the order of the navigation bar - it current has buttons for "contents, index", etc.

i created a forward and back button and would like to move those up before the contents button.

I see you can arrange the order of buttons in the "windows", however, when i generate the robohelp - help (using the webhelp pro layout), it doesn't adjust the order of the buttons. I did set the windows settings to the window i created (with the adjusted order) within the generate options of webhelp pro.

can anyone help me understand why windows settings to adjust the order of the navigation bar are not working?

Thank you for any ideas.

Leah

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Changed title of post

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. No i am not using robohelp server. Im generating robohelp content and then uploading the html files / code to a server.

Do the windows settings only apply to a site hosted via a robohelp server? I have searched and searched and cant figure out another way to modify the button order.

Thanks,

Leah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leah

I asked because you said you were using WebHelp Pro layout. Sounds like you have fallen prey to a common misunderstanding.

Click here to read more about this

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. I do understand the difference now that i have read that link.

I used the "web help pro" because when using webhelp as the primary layout, the "Skin" option is greyed out when i try to generate help and i want to use a skin.

So is there a way to apply a skin to web help? And how do i go about adjusting the order of the buttons?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Leah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Leah. Since Rick may be away for a moment, I'll chime in here and offer this.

In RoboHelp 8, you 

1. Make WebHelp (not Pro) your Primary Layout
  2. Double click on the WebHelp Single Source Layout.
  3. From the first WebHelp General screen you can select your Skin, then click Next
  4. On this second screen you can  adjust the buttons and their order of  appearance

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, indeed I was en route to the recording studio for miss Stephanie.

Leah, in addition to what John offered I'll also add this. When you examine the properties for the WebHelp, look at the Navigation category on the left. The skin may not be an option for you if you have enabled the "Section 508" option as shown below:

tmp1.PNG

If that's the deal and you clear the option, you will again have an ability to choose a skin.

To re-order the toolbar buttons, choose the button to be moved and use the Up/Down buttons.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

I appreciate the help and now i better understand the different publishing formats!

Leah:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp