• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing flash player mac osx 10.5.8

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm unable to install flash player 10.1 on my mac os x 10.5.8. safari is my browser. the installation gets about halfway through until it stops with an unable to instal message. please help, as i am unable to watch anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

There is a fix available for Mac PPC users who can no longer watch FB/YouTube & CNN Flash videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrAKhv3R_c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the link. unfortunately, i have already tried installing this version. when i try to download this version i recive an error message stating, "Adobe flash player cannot be installed. Devices with power pc processors are no longer supported." My mac is a power pc. After reading many threads, and attempting hours of trouble shooting, I found out that newer versions of adobe flash player are not supported on ppc platform & that i would need to install an archived version of 10.1. unfortunately, 10.1 is not working either. If i am misinformed in any way please let me know. I any event, I can still use any help in fixing this problem

Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this workaround on the Apple support forum: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3332145?start=0&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty for the help. It finally installed successfully! However, i'm still unable to view any videos & in response I recieve a 'missing plugin' response. any thoughts on this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryann tierney wrote:

Ty for the help. It finally installed successfully! However, i'm still unable to view any videos & in response I recieve a 'missing plugin' response. any thoughts on this??

Try this one next: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2454737?start=15&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix available for Mac PPC users who can no longer watch FB/YouTube & CNN Flash videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrAKhv3R_c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY SO MUCH!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

My Mac is intel core 2 duo processor and I am having the same problem on adobe flash player not working on my OS which is 10.5.8.  However, I tried downloading the version that was availabe through youtube link, but the problem persists.  I cannot open videos.  Can someone help me in fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines