Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Form security

Level 2

I create quote forms for a client. They need to fill in the form and then send to their customers. Currently, the forms aren't secure and the customers could change the information. Client does not have Adobe Pro, so they are unable to change security options in Adobe Pro like I could.

What can I do to make it so my client can fill out the form without any hassle but then add security so no one can change the form once it's sent out? Thanks for any advice. I tried to find this answer on some of the other forums, but couldn't.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

check this thread. It describes method to write-protect forms.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4065508#4065508

Level 2

Thanks, Radzmer, but I'm looking for something that will be a bit easier for my client. I need a button I can place on the form that he can click when he is finished filling out the form that will secure the form. After checking all the threads related to this, I am a bit confused about how to go about this. I have tried a few things from the forum, but none seem to be working (and yes, I am checking to make sure my scripting language is correct and the event is selected). Thanks.

Level 2

And I am using LiveCycle Designer ES.

Former Community Member

We have a form we send out to our trainers to fill out, however there are a few fields we don't want them to change or modify.  So we created a "secret space" that displays a form with the fields we fill out (they have to know a password to get to it)  Once we fill it out and exit out of the secret space, it locks those fields, and still leaves the other fields open for them to fill out and return to us.

If you send me your email, I would be happy to send you an example of the form that contains the code.  I would attach it, but I don't think we have that option anymore in the forums.

Level 2

shjg_services@earthlink.net

thanks!