6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 12:54 PM by pplanch RSS

Digital Editions 1.7 : not able to install, 1.8 does not allow to authorize for multiple IDs ?

pplanch

Hello,

I just created an Adobe membership account in order to be able to install Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 on my Mac. When clicking on the install button on your website, I get error message "safari can't open the page "http://%25%7benv:www.adobe.com%7D/special/errorpages/404.html" because the page address is invalid.

We have purchased a number of e-Books some time ago, and based on the information I could find I should be able to authorise more than 1 computer in my family to read these books.

So, after some looking around, I found the possibility to download a preview of Adobe Digital Editions 1.8, and I authorised it with my newly created Adobe membership account. Next I also want to authorise my computer for the account of my Partner, but the menu option for "Authorise computer" is grayed out.

Please advise

(note : my system is identical to that of my partner, and she has been running Adobe Digital Editions for some time without problems … so it can't be a system problem on my end of the connection)

Thank you

Philip Planchenault