• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The project appears to be damaged. It cannot be opened."

Advisor ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see when I try to open two ongoing projects.  I tried importing the old project into a new project.  Some times, that works, but on others, I get the same message, except with "opened" replaced by "imported."

Is there way to fix damaged projects?  Perhaps in a text editor?  Is there a service that can fix them for me?

Even my auto-saved projects are damaged (from Friday, but not Wednesday)

This can cost me a client.  I need to open these projects now.

Mac 10.6.8; Pr CS5.5.  They won't open on my MacPro3,1 or on my MBP. 

I reinstalled PrCS5.5 on the MP.  I ran Disk Warror, Repaired Permissions, trashed preferences, cleaned Caches.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up re-doing one of my projects from Friday.  Having done it once, it went faster the second time.

But, this is why I abandoned Pr after I first tried it, at CS3... unreliable for professional work.

However...  I remembered a way around it that's served me with other unreliable apps... Save As more often.  Ae has an "Increment and Save" option.  Apparently, Pr needs one as well.  I can also step up the Auto-Save frequency, but Pr's Autosave is implemented in about the most annoying way possible, in that it will interrupt what you're doing to perform the auto-save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you don't need this now but completely by accident I stumbled upon the following page: http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_recover_a_corrupt_project%3F I was looking for ways to replace timelines using the xml file and this came up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your effort, but I already had found that page earlier today, and XML Wrench appears to be for Windows.  I still have one project to re-edit; should take me a couple of hours, which would probably be faster than learning to edit XML code anyway.  But again, thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found an alternative to XML Wrench for Mac:  Text Wrangler.  I opened a damaged Pr project file with it.  There is definitely some garbage text in there that doesn't look anything like the rest of the text, which is organized and fits a pattern.  I have no clue how to edit it to get back in business.  I tried deleting the garbage text and doing a Save As, but the new file still wouldn't open in Pr.  I clearly don't know what I'm doing in an XML editor.

However, there was some text I could read in the file that is causing me some eyebrow raising.... "AJA."  It just so happens that I upgraded my AJA LHi Control Panel software to version 10.0 last week.  This coincides with my project corruption.  So, I wonder if installing that update has anything to do with this issue.

I'm still on 10.6.8, and the 10.0 AJA software update seems to be specifically created for Lion (10.7.x) compatibility.

If anybody can fix my corrupted project, I'll be happy to buy  you a nice gift on Amazon, and have it shipped to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things may have changed with CS5.5 and Lion, but I know there have been lots of troubles with AJA interfacing properly with PrPro in the past... just sticking that out there... Why don't you try rolling your AJA drivers back and see if you can open those corrupted projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, David.  Didn't help.  But, thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me with PPro CS6 (Creative Cloud). Not good at all. Spent the whole weekend with little sleep finishing a project to be delivered Monday morning, now I have to start from ZERO - and hope it doesn't happen again!

This is going to cost me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I couldn't get Ae CC to import any ProRes or PhotoJPEG movie files.  On the advice of a colleague, I deleted the AJA Adobe driver, and that put me back in business, but without ability to use my AJA with Ae.  I suspect a fix is around the corner.

The AJA Adobe driver for CC works fine with Pr, though.

YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A riddle for Premiere users...

Two identical drives with the same files are given to two different editors.

One editor creates a project file referencing files on their drive, and then sends that project file to the other editor.

When the other editor opens the file they get the following message:

"The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened".

What is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editor 1 has CC and editor 2 has CS6.

Or, at least that is what would happen is that is what they are using. I suppose there could be other answers to the riddle.

I don't know if 7.01 and 7.1 will show that error or not.

Just make sure they are on the exact same version.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that riddle. It saved me a heart attack. I am currently making the switch from CS6 to CC and I accidentely opened a almost completed CC file with CS6, I got the error message and freaked out but I read the riddle and just thought "d'oh!" so, yeah, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines