• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading local webhelp page

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2006 Sep 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I compiled a fresh webhelp page on my local machine, which worked fine after I allowed the "active content" to run (Win XP SP2). I then added a "mark of the web" tag to all of my .htm files to prevent the active content message bar. An error now appears in my browser while loading the page, after the TOC navigation bar is built, but before the topics are loaded.

Line: 442
Char: 3
Error: 'gaProj[...].sPPath' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: file://...\RoboHelp Office\RoboHTML\...\!SSL!\WebHelp\whskin_pdhtml.htm

The line 442 reference seems to be related to the whcsh_home.htm file. Anyone have any thoughts on this error?

Thanks!

Bluemccarty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bluemccarty and welcome to the community

Unfortunately, MOTW doesn't work with WebHelp output. Trust me, I've tried. Repeatedly.

On the up side, this should really only affect you as an author. Once you place the content on a server or the web, your users won't encounter the information bar.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bluemccarty,

Unfortunately, you cannot just add Mark of the Web to the .htm pages as other webhelp components come into play including the .xml files used to display the TOC and index. This only happens when you run the webhelp output locally of course, but it is a complete pain if you want to ship help that needs to be viewed both locally and on a server/website.

A few of us have tried adding mark of the web to resolve the issue, but if my memory serves me well, no one has found a solution. We do need one! Hopefully this will be addressed in the X6 version of Robohelp.

You can try modifyng the other output files in the webhelp folder to inhibit the information bar, but you will need to do this each time the output is generated.

Unless anyone else has found a solution?
Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL!

Morning Rick, we must stop meeting like this :-)
Have a great day
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the quick responses. Working around the heightened security built into SP2 has made my life a bit difficult. Do you have any suggestions how the Robohelp output files could be adjusted to avoid the XP SP2 active content activation bar, and still run?

BlueMcCarty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp