Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

WebcamSubscriber ( video ?aspect ratio? / size ) in Firefox + FP11 different than other browsers

Level 4

Anyone seeing the following:

Firefox 8 + FP 11.1 + LCCS 2.2.0 ( seen in v2.1.0 as well )

Video ( WebcamSubscriber ) is 'squeezed' (?  the aspect ratio is wrong ? ) but only on this browser and FP combination.

FF_11_1_video_aspect_ratio_wrong.png

Chrome / Firefox 8 + FP 10.3 / FP 11.1 + LCCS 2.2.0 ( seen in v2.1.0 as well )

Video ( WebcamSubscriber ) seems to display at the correct aspect ratio.

FF_10_3_video_normal.png

Anyone else seeing the following? I can add more detail if you need any

5 Replies

Employee

HTML borders ?

Still, it shouldn't be squeezed (unless your SWF object has width=100% and height=100%).

Of course I am assuming this is a SWF embedded in an HTML page and not an AIR app (can't really say from the screenshots). If that's the case I would look at the sizing of the various elements (easy to do in Chrome with "inspect element", not sure of how to do it in Firefox).

Level 4

This is a SWF app running in a browser.

here's the code:

<collaboration:WebcamPublisher id="cameraPublisher" includeInLayout="false" quality="100"/>

<mx:Canvas id="ourVideo" width="100%" height="100%">

<collaboration:WebcamSubscriber id="cameraSubscriber" width="100%" height="100%" displayUserBars="false" webcamPublisher="{cameraPublisher}"/>

</mx:Canvas>

I get the same behavior in the "Recording" app that you guys provide with the SDK.

Employee

Thanks for the screenshots, the bug is strange. As you know we rely on FP capabilities, and this seems like a Flashplayer bug. Let me check if others are facing a similar issue

Thanks
Arun

Level 4

Yeah this one is weird, I'll keep you posted if I find other discrepancies between OS and browsers if we find any.

Level 4

Have you had a chance to look into this issue ?

Thanks,

Alex G.