• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS doesn't start properly

Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some problems about installing FMS 4 on a CentOS 6 x64.

After installing, FMS doens't start properly. I don't see the videos on the web interface. In the log file master.00.log, i can see these errors messages

2011-12-0608:38:461675(i)2581226Edge (1748) is no longer active.-
2011-12-0608:38:461675(w)2581255Edge (1748) _defaultRoot__edge1 experienced 1 failure!-
2011-12-0608:38:461675(i)2581224Edge (1798) started, arguments : -edgeports ":1935" -coreports "localhost:19350" -conf "/opt/adobe/fms/conf/Server.xml" -adaptor "_defaultRoot_" -name "_defaultRoot__edge1" -edgename "edge1".

FMS listened on 1935 port.

I deactivated the firewall and selinux, but it doesn't work

I have before make an install on a CentOS 32bits, and it worked well.

Thanks for your help,

Pascal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run selinux enabled this is not to do with this error, nor the firewall.

Is this the plain fms server not the interactive correct?

Did you install all of the dependencies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, this the plain fms (streaming version)

Which dependencies are you talking about ?

For the installation, I just run the installFMS script (just after putting a symlink libcap.so.1 linking to /lib64/libcap.so.2) and start the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there were some pre-req's (for FMS) required if I remember correctly, I do not remember having to do a symlink on the FMS server for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The versions/flavors of FMS do not make any difference, the installation is exactly the same for all of them.

FMS 4 is officially not supported on CentOS 6, though I doubt if there should be any issue running on it. Is the 32 bit CentOS that you said is working fine, also CentOS 6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RHEL 6 / CentOS 6 is not supported that is why it is not working.

Sorry I missed that, when I reloaded a server for FMS I had to use release 5 since Adobe is not support 6 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the FMS 4 timeframe, CentOS 6 was little far, and hence I am not sure if that is take care of. But it still does not mean FMS should not work, as suggested in this thread, there must be some kind of dependency issues that I doubt are causing the trouble. I tried on RHEL 6 and there were no issues in running FMS (the installation was blocked and we have to make a workaround to allow the installation by editing the installer script). I believe it should work seemless on CentOS too. Did you try FMS 4.5 ?

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when i installed FMS on both CentOS 6 32bits and 64bits, I saw the message "WARNING: Your Linux distribution, RedHat x86  is not supported by this      installer" or "WARNING: Your Linux distribution, RedHat x86_64  is not supported by this installer", but on the 32bits version, FMS works, and on the 64bits it doesn't.

I did some research and found that subject where someone succeeded to run FMS on RHEL 6.0 64bits. (The installation was blocked on the 64bits, but by putting a symlink libcap.so.1 linking to /lib64/libcap.so.2, the installation would continue till the end.

I don't try FMS 4.5 but i will do.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to be late,

I don't succeded to install FMS to a CentOS 6 Server, so I decided make my installation on a Ubuntu Server.

It works.

But now, in production I've got some problems proxy blocking.

I open a new post on that.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines