• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp crashing when generating web help

Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboHelp users,

I am testing the Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5.

I imported a FrameMaker book. When I try to publish it to Web Help (Primary layout), RoboHelp crashes. There is no error message, juts the dialog that RoboHelp encountered an error and must close.

I tried a few times with other similar test projects. Same result.

O noticed that when the generation starts, the Ouput view stops at the "Updating files" task (Preparing to create web help > Preparing files for web help > Copying files > Updating file...s => crash)

I am on Windows 7

FrameMaker files created in FrameMake 9 (unstructured)

Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5, 30-trial version

RoboHelp build 9.0.7.262

Did anyone encounter the same problem?

Thanks

Ariane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Where exactly does the project live when you make edits? Is it in a folder on your local C drive or is it perhaps in a folder located on a network?

If the project is in a folder on a network, close RoboHelp and move the project to a folder on your local C drive and see if the issue goes away.

Additionally, when you generate the project, you may need to examine the Single Source Layout recipe to ensure the output folder location is properly pointing to a folder on your local C drive.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

Thanks for replying so quickly. 

My project is on my local C drive and the output folder location is on my C drive as well.

When I initially imported my FrameMaker files into RoboHelp, I noticed that a CSS was created for every chapter. Could this be the problem? But then, how can I set up RoboHelp to consider one and only CSS file for all topics? I mean, other than changing the CSS reference in every single topic.

I don't know what you mean by "Single Source Layout recipe" but I'll look up the online help for this later today.

I have been working in single source for several years now, authoring in FrameMaker and publishing with WebWorks ePublisherMy objective with this trial is to find a solution that would allow me to work in a real topic-based authoing environment (therefore, moving away from FrameMaker) and provide all the tools needs for authoring and publishing in ne solution.

Best regards

Ariane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Ariane

When you look at the RoboHelp HTML interface you find different pods. One is named Project Manager and the one normally below it is called Single Source Layouts.

tmp1.PNG

Each of the layouts listed inside this pod will create a specific type of output. I consider these to be very similar to "recipes". Each layout simply contains parameters that govern the way that layout is made.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ariane,

I have encountered this same problem in the past and I was able to resolve it. The problem was caused by a table issue, for some reason a table was merged into another one and it looked weird. We have have several developers working on the same project and I had to ask everyone who worked on the project to provide me with all the topics they worked on. I checked all of their topic pages and found the topic page with the table issue. I fixed the table and re-published the project without any more issues.

I noticed you said you imported a FrameMaker book (I am unfamiliar with FrameMaker), is it possible something within that book looks weird? You may have to check your recent updates and the tables in those updates and make certain they look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp