• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Using Entire Stage to display Video

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would someone please tell me: 1) If the following is possible, and 2) If possible - then how?  Using Captivate 5.0 in the Windows 7 environment.

We have an optimized template that is 790 X 545 in size.  We would like to use only the left side of the page to display a 'training' recording of an application.  I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to change the capture size of a video, or how to 'embed' such a capture.

I know about starting a 'New' Record new Project, and I can (of course) dictate the size of that field.  These, though, cannot be copied into an existing project, and 'placed' where I choose. 

Maybe this just cannot be done in Captivate.  It seems like a logical use of the screen capture facility.

Regards,

James

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Quite a while ago, I blogged about a Knockout Master slide, that is not exactly what you want but give you some ideas. You'll have to do some rescaling to create extra space after having created the training simulation in a lower resolution than that of the final project.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!  I'll have to hunt down a better graphics package than I currently have access to, but the procedure makes sense.  I'll put this on my Captivate wish list.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources