Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have version 10.5.8 and can't seem to upgrade

Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all the instructions on downloading Flash so I can view in facebook, but when I tried, this is the error message:  Devices with PowerPC processors are no longer supported. Click below to download the last version of Flash Player for PowerPc.  When I do that, it only takes me to one version which doesn't download... version 10.3 or something like that and one for mac with INtel... which I do not have. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download it on the archived flash player page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not thrilled to be the bearer of this bad news, but you need to get a new Mac.  Apple ended ALL support for PPC systems and software in 2009 with the release of OS 10.6. Other companies (like Adobe) ended ALL support for PPC systems and software about the same time.

Apple switched to Intel processors in 2005, so there really is no excuse for still running a PowerPC Mac for things that REQUIRE Intel architecture to run, as a majority of software and web apps do in 2011.

I loved my PPC Macs, and they served me very well for nearly seven years, but the last one eventually had to be replaced with an Intel machine which, to my liking, did everything my old Macs did, only about four times faster... but with new software.

IIf this is the first problem you've run into with updates/upgrades and your PPC processor being incompatible, get ready. It's going to happen a lot more and a lot more often. As the web evolves and you find that Safari 2 or 3 can no longer access web pages, and Firefox stops working with the PPC, you'ill discover that this "trusty" old Mac is no longer useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines