• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Meta Tags

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually add the tags meta name="description" and meta name="keywords" to the html code in RH7. Then when I save the file it strips out the quote marks around the words "description" and "keywords". Then when I compile as WebHelp the tags are completely removed. What is up with this? Surely there must be a way to use these common tags in RH.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the best solution I can find is to use Dreamweaver as my default editor. Add the meta tags in DW then import the file to RH. The tags stay "as is" even after you compile them for WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Esch

You might try making the following changes. Note that Dreamweaver likely added its own Meta tag to state what the editor was. RoboHelp does something similar. So perhaps change the RoboHelp meta tag to reflect Dreamweaver. Sort of "fooling" RoboHelp into thinking Dreamweaver created the topic. You would also probably want to remove any other RoboHelp specific tags just in case. (I think there are two or three others. Maybe more.)

My thought here is that if you could trick RoboHelp into believing Dreamweaver created the page it would leave it alone. Assuming, of course, that your observation is spot on with RoboHelp leaving the tags alone.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp