• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM File Size

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working for a software company as the documentation guy and use RoboHelp a lot. I'm on version 7.00.145 and I noticed that the size of our .chm file is over 100mb and keeps getting larger. I also noticed that the pictures within the help file are .bmp which are fairly large. I've been going through making all .bmp pictures to .jpg (a much smaller one). After about a third of the way through, I generated a new .chm file and the file is much larger than it was before. Are the .bmp files still in the .chm even though I have replaced them and deleted them in the main folder? Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to ask the obvious question. Have you changed all the links to the images so they point to the new jpg files, rather than the bmp files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp